Starcraft 2

Shadow Wolf

That sounds like a decent strategy... especially since Terran has bunkers for defence. Hmm, I should probably expand earlier with Terran... I always have trouble keeping my first Terran expo alive for any significant length of time >_<

Well, I mean, it doesn't work on every map. I'll do it on Jungle Basin, Lost Temple, and occasionally Shakuras Plateau, but that's it. And once the second command center goes up, I generally end up playing pretty hardcore defense for a bit (move the rax out in front of the natural, build a bunker, usually build at least one more rax before teching up).

• 4 weeks later...

I might play a few with you Taucer.

Ever since patch 1.2 came out, I have been lurking in the "OC ReMix" channel. I don't think anybody else has thought of going there yet, as I am usually by myself in such a large room :sad:. Maybe we could use that as a way to get together and play games?

EDIT: My SCII name is Koriantor, code 956. My offer is the same as Taucer's, if you want to play, give me a shout. Just make sure you mention you're from OCR or I will be very very cautious of you.

I've started logging onto SC2 again lately, but only to play Star Battle. It's a 6v6 AoS/MOBA map (like DotA and HoN) but pretty noob-friendly since everyone is playing a lumbering capital ship that moves and turns very slowly.

The big thing is there's NO RESPAWN so it's not rare to have 15-minute games, though I have seen them drag on for hours. When you die though, a lot of the time it's fun to just zoom in, sit back, and watch a bunch of battlecruisers and carriers and leviathans duke it out.

The next big thing is you can't control auto-attacks -- basically the closest enemy within your attack range will get hit no matter what. You can't switch targets or stop attacking.

Also everyone gets like 6 potential abilities, but since games are typically very short you have to choose your skill build wisely.

Anyway yeah if anyone's interested hit me up and we'll play.

• 5 months later...

How many people are still regularly playing SC2 or following the tourney scene around here?

I've been playing a lot lately with some 2v2 partners and plan to get back into some serious 1v1 laddering.

Blizzard just locked Season 2 a couple of weeks ago. What this means is that bonus pool doesn't increase and you stay in the league your in, however your MMR (matchmaking rating) and league placement stats are still considered, which only matters for your initial placement, but aside from that you pretty much starting fresh in the next season. Season 3 then starts on July 26.

So now's actually a great time to get back into it!

I'd love to do some team games or practice some 1v1 against you dudes.

There's nothing like running your zergling into your opponent mineral line and watch as they eat through the workers.

Lately I've started using Skype with my friends to have proper co-operation in team matches. I can't imagine myself playing without it any more.

Lately I've started using Skype with my friends to have proper co-operation in team matches. I can't imagine myself playing without it any more.

SC2 teams becomes a different game when you can actually coordinate on the fly. It's nice to not have to share control of you armies simply because you know what your partner is doing at all times and can react accordingly. It's nearly impossible to micro marine-tank when you have sentries and HT or infestors or other micro intensive builds to worry about in your army too.

There's nothing like running your zergling into your opponent mineral line and watch as they eat through the workers.

My main is 'Toss but I play Zerg as a secondary in teams. So satisfying, especially when you catch their main army WAY out of position when you do the runby.

Also fun to fungal all their workers in place and watch as they all explode at the same time. Or

. :]

I've started logging onto SC2 again lately, but only to play Star Battle. It's a 6v6 AoS/MOBA map (like DotA and HoN) but pretty noob-friendly since everyone is playing a lumbering capital ship that moves and turns very slowly.

The big thing is there's NO RESPAWN so it's not rare to have 15-minute games, though I have seen them drag on for hours. When you die though, a lot of the time it's fun to just zoom in, sit back, and watch a bunch of battlecruisers and carriers and leviathans duke it out.

The next big thing is you can't control auto-attacks -- basically the closest enemy within your attack range will get hit no matter what. You can't switch targets or stop attacking.

Also everyone gets like 6 potential abilities, but since games are typically very short you have to choose your skill build wisely.

Anyway yeah if anyone's interested hit me up and we'll play.

I was retardedly bad at this game.

Hey whaddya know I'm in gold league now.

I've been exclusively playing Terran, but the more I think about it the more I want to switch to Zerg.

Zerg mechanics seem so much harder, though.

It's not really all that much harder. Just different. The biggest thing I had trouble with is trying to remember to vomit larvae with your queen. Find a build online and play around in a few custom games or against the computer until you get the hang of it.

Dunno why you'd switch though, Terran's by far the best. :wink:

I'm a Terran player myself, but I'd be happy to help out if you want it. (Koriantor.956)

EDIT: And I just realized! Starcraft 2 turns 1 today! Happy Birthday SC2! (And BGC)