Starcraft 2

Shadow Wolf

Definitely just skip the practice league. As was already mentioned, the surplus of rocks blocking entrances just completely changes the nature of the match. All it'll do it just teach you bad habits that'll need to be broken in order to learn the true fundamentals.

Also, if you want someone to play against, I'd be game. I've been meaning to get back into playing after not touching the game since last year, so hit me up if you're interested.

I would love that. I definitely want to get to playing on a regular basis and getting some team battling going on.

Taucer, good luck!

Hey Taucer, while you're kicking ass in Raleigh, would you mind trying out the MLG controller and giving us some impressions? It sounds incredible -- finally I can have a PS3 stick for my left thumb and a 360 stick for my right thumb.

And while your at it, can you tell us how it handles starcraft? I've been looking at alternative playstyles and I think that the future of RTS is on the gamepads and consoles. Nothing handles quite as precise as a thumbstick. :<

This is so weird, I haven't been on this site in AGES but I got into pro SC2 a few months ago and have been following the scene ever since. I was looking over the full player list for MLG Raleigh and saw some guy named Geoffrey Taucer and I was like, "Man, that name sounds insanely familiar... OH YEAH, OCR!" So here am I. Anyway, Geoff, best of luck to you, but the open bracket is full of masters and grandmasters level players, some of which are even professionals who play SC2 for a living, so regardless of how lucky or unlucky you are in drawing your brackets, you're still pretty much gonna get crushed by the 2nd round, haha. Despite that, having a player pass will let you hang out in some player exclusive areas, so it's a nice thing to have even if you don't expect to advance very far in the tournament. Oh, and also, you should consider bringing a spare keyboard or mouse pad to get some pro autographs :D

Finished my placement league matches.

Slaughtered the first two games, Terran, then Zerg (I'm playing random).

Was Protoss games 3, 4, and 5. Literally slaughtered doing early void rays... though in game 5, i got DT'd, and it was a race to see who could take out the other's base first. I lost by a building or two *laughing*

Placement:

Gold, 37th in the league (out of 100)

Finished my placement league matches.

Slaughtered the first two games, Terran, then Zerg (I'm playing random).

Was Protoss games 3, 4, and 5. Literally slaughtered doing early void rays... though in game 5, i got DT'd, and it was a race to see who could take out the other's base first. I lost by a building or two *laughing*

Placement:

Gold, 37th in the league (out of 100)

:nicework:

I still have to re-place myself. I was near the top of the Gold league when I stopped playing last (in the first season, no less), so I'm probably only mid-Silver now. But maybe not. I haven't had a chance to practice at all yet.

First day at MLG:

Went up against a full-time pro (vvvCry) in the first round, got beaten 2-0 (though I came REALLY close to winning game 2, albeit with a 6 rax SCV all-in).

Got my shirt signed by jinro, bomber, nada, tester, DongRaeGu, Noblesse, idra, huk, incontrol, and tastosis.

Too bad on the loss, but OMG WIN on the signatures!

• 3 weeks later...