BT's This Binary Universe

Deathtank

Ok, I know it's not new, but Im surprised no one started a topic about this earlier.

Mr. Brian Transeau made one of the best electronica albums out there, and nobody in this community noticed it?

I know it was mentioned in the other topic (Bt's robbery thread) but I think it deserved its own topic.

Let's get it straight, the cd is ok but you must listen and watch the dvd in a full 5.1 home theater system to fully enjoy it.

I'll post some links to reviews to the ones who didnt get it by now.

http://www.progressive-sounds.com/Music-Reviews/BT-This-Binary-Universe.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Binary_Universe

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2006/10/11/bt-this-binary-universe/

Ok, that was enough linkin'.

I'd like to hear your comments on the album, and I appreciate remixers reviews as well!

It's really a brilliant album. It took me a little while to appreciate it, and it's DEFINITELY not music you can just sit down and listen to casually. It deserves full attention, and the visuals help also. Sadly I have yet to listen in full surround sound or watch the entire DVD - I have however listened on nice headphones. Great work by BT.

It's really a brilliant album. It took me a little while to appreciate it, and it's DEFINITELY not music you can just sit down and listen to casually. It deserves full attention, and the visuals help also. Sadly I have yet to listen in full surround sound or watch the entire DVD - I have however listened on nice headphones. Great work by BT.

Well, as I said before, with a DVD player and a 5.1 sound system, the experience is just amazing, it's true that you must be totally focused to it when listening to it, unfortunately, I have my home theater set it around my bed, and when I listen to it, I sometimes (well almost always) get sleepy, but it's pretty cool to sleep with this music, and trust me I NEVER use to sleep listening to other music, actually if theres music when I try to sleep, I must turn it off, and if I can't, I usually am awake untill the music ends.

That doesnt happens when TBU is playing. :D

Well, as I said before, with a DVD player and a 5.1 sound system, the experience is just amazing, it's true that you must be totally focused to it when listening to it, unfortunately, I have my home theater set it around my bed, and when I listen to it, I sometimes (well almost always) get sleepy, but it's pretty cool to sleep with this music, and trust me I NEVER use to sleep listening to other music, actually if theres music when I try to sleep, I must turn it off, and if I can't, I usually am awake untill the music ends.

That doesnt happens when TBU is playing. :D

You have to listen then to Brian Eno's "Apollo: Atmospheres & Soundtracks". Its super peaceful and excellent toll to fall asleep. Specially "An Ending (Ascent)".

On another note An Ending (Ascent) remix by Leama & Moor is great, but Its not on iTunes :(

I heard that B. Eno (all Brians make excellent electronic music?) is good too but never listened anything, maybe Ill check on him later.

And, how many musicians does BT use in his shows? and what instruments do they use?

Are there live performances of BT on DVD at sell?

THX!

• 4 months later...
Ok, I know it's not new, but Im surprised no one started a topic about this earlier.

Mr. Brian Transeau made one of the best electronica albums out there, and nobody in this community noticed it?

I know it was mentioned in the other topic (Bt's robbery thread) but I think it deserved its own topic.

Let's get it straight, the cd is ok but you must listen and watch the dvd in a full 5.1 home theater system to fully enjoy it.

I'll post some links to reviews to the ones who didnt get it by now.

http://www.progressive-sounds.com/Music-Reviews/BT-This-Binary-Universe.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Binary_Universe

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2006/10/11/bt-this-binary-universe/

Ok, that was enough linkin'.

I'd like to hear your comments on the album, and I appreciate remixers reviews as well!

There WAS a thread about this.

When it came out.

Like a year ago.

I love this album and it drifts in and out of my favorites spot between it and Hybrid's I Choose Noise album. I was able to go see this live at The Gothic Theater which, for those who don't know, is supposed to have the best sound system of any theater in the U.S. so yes, it was quite fantastic. I also got to talk to him about it afterward and we talked a bit about his newest album. The guy is quite possibly the coolest and most down-to-earth person in the universe; which makes me all the more interested in the fact that he can make such genius and eclectic music. The album is really quite fantastic and deserves to be heard in 5.1.

You're missing quite a bit. This is more of an audio masterpiece as opposed to a musical one, not to say the music is really lacking IMO.

I'm probably not listening hard enough then. I've always had the music on for soft background. Time to connect to my Logitech 5.1 surround sound speakers...

I'm with kwarp on the music, I've heard a few tunes and thought it was so-so, but man... the fanboyism surrounding this BT guy and his album is INSANE. There was this one clip on youtube where a guy actually said that the dvds from TBU changed his perception of life and god.