Guild Wars Thread...version 2.

I would think the satisfaction of getting those titles of survivor is in attaining it yourself. Unless you'd get something nice for it in Guildwars 2 through the hall of monuments, there's not much of a point in paying to get this title, at least that's how I see it.

Most people avoid getting it themselves because it's very easy to get killed by little things, lag included (I myself died to the group with Healer's Boon at 1,100,000 exp). People who do manage to get their KoABD titles up the the maximum tier with the inclusion of EoTN will most likely be rewarded for it when transferring the title via the hall of Monuments into Guild Wars 2. I'm pretty sure there isn't a plethora of titles for no reason at all.

I agree, titles that don't give you any bonus are a waste of time.

However, I did like the unlucky title track, I just wish it would give some sort of bonus like the lucky one does.

See above comment on benefit of titles that don't give a bonus.

I'm trying to decide which Guild Wars expansion I want to get, Factions or Nightfall? Which adds what? I know about heroes in Nightfall, but I've heard if you only get Nightfall you don't get alliance battles and all that from Factions.

Factions has the addition of the Assassin and Ritualist, while both aren't the best in PvE, they're pretty much a staple in the PvP aspect of the game. In Factions you'd also gain the ability to do Alliance Battles and gain exclusive PvE only skills from the Luxon/Kurzick factions, whichever you decide to pledge your alleigance to. Nightfall has the added benefit of Heroes, at least one of every profession, while you're only allowed three heroes in your party, they'll make the game alot easier.

Factions offers nothing and was a waste of 50 bucks in hindsight. I'd just wait til the new expansion comes out in a couple months and see what that offers.

Factions can be had for 30-40 bucks now and is definitely worthwhile simply because of the skills alone. And if you plan on doing PvP, you'll probably need skills from the Assassin/Ritualist tree. [see HA- Rit Spike/AB- Solo sin.]
Factions and Nightfall both contain very important skills to all classes regardless of whether you play the additional classes or not. If I had to pick one or the other, I would go with Nightfall for the hero system and Wurms. You know I'm so right.

Wurms are only in a very small portion of the game and i wouldn't base a purchase of the game off that, but the Heroes.

I agree, titles that don't give you any bonus are a waste of time.

However, I did like the unlucky title track, I just wish it would give some sort of bonus like the lucky one does.

Titles are pretty much the only reason I still play--good thing, too, as they're incredibly time-consuming, so I still have a lot to do. 29/33 for Canthan Vanquisher, and Elona is next.

Titles are pretty much the only reason I still play--good thing, too, as they're incredibly time-consuming, so I still have a lot to do. 29/33 for Canthan Vanquisher, and Elona is next.

Well, I've got 10 characters and I don't really have a major one I play as, so all the titles that aren't account-based would be so incredibly time-consuming that I don't bother. I'm already trying to get every skill for each character's primary which involves a lot of progression in each campaign for elite caps or a lot of PvP and farming to get elite tomes for unlocked elites via Balthazar faction, so I've got my hands plenty full as is.

i'm working on elona right now. i'm like seven away from protector of tyria on two different accounts, but some of those bonuses are so time-consuming if you don't have a sweet group that knows what they're doing.

• 1 month later...