OverClocked ReMix Content Policy - 2nd Draft Poll, closes 5/24/07

djpretzel

If this draft were finalized and enacted in its current form...  

80 members have voted

1. 1. If this draft were finalized and enacted in its current form...

• I would agree with its terms
    • I would not agree with its terms

Smooth, Rambo, Real smooth. I could've had a baker's dozen of like minded allies, now all I have is a pedestrian regular dozen.

God damnit man, I'm said SORRY! :-x

I was thinking that perhaps, in the case of remix removals, there could be a period of the year in which all remix removals requested/in queue are removed from torrents and the site. That way the staff will only have to mess around the torrents ad the database once a year, sort of a lockdown.

Genius. You're the balls.

It seems like a pretty reasonable and fair solution.

Or maybe they're still discussing it. These things take time to decide.

Tomorrow (today already for me) the draft discussion ends - and no reaction whatsoever in both threads. Time needed for decitions or not, but this is a serious compromise that needs to be commented on.

Unless however, it really doesn't matter anymore. Butd as soon as the discussion is "closed", the draft is set. A lifesign would be nice indeed.

We (the site staff, including djp) are all busy people... unfortunately we can't devote all of our time to this kind of thing. But, take our word for it that we do care about the public opinion, and if we didn't we would have just implemented the policy without asking. Just sit tight...

I did like that this time the staff sat down with the comunnity to hear what we think before changing anything. And even if the decision taken about the discussed points is not what I would want, I would still be happy that the staff took us all in consideration.

Kudos, and good luck with your last draft.

I had every intention of voting "no" but it just so happened that I was banned at the time. oops... anywho I'll say now what I intended to say a week ago.

there's nothing I need to mention here that braincells and others haven't mentioned before. However, i'll speak a bit regardless. dave and co(horts) expects a good explanation while at the same time stating that he can do whatever regardless of his own reason. while this isn't fair, this is the truth. it's his site, his community. but how enjoyable is a community in which one feels as though he has no control over his own property? I suppose the only choice we have is whether or not we want to contribute in the first place.

Zircon can't seem to wrap his mind around the idea of association. That is to say, whether or not one wants to be associated to this site. At one point a mixer might submit his mix, hoping to get it on the site and proud to be a part of ocremix. at a later point he might dislike the direction the site is heading and no longer want to be a part of it. by having a mix up, he would still be associated with ocr. It doesn't matter how many people downloaded this mix previously. zircon responds to this with a "wut to do" attitude analogous, in my opinion, to an american slave owner saying "well it was right for the past x years, so it must be right still." I think ocremix at many points in the past was a much better place. had I submitted a mix in 2004 and had it accepted, i'd be asking it to get taken down around now, because regardless of how much I liked the site back then I perhaps wouldn't want my name attached to it now. And once again, if 2309524906724 people already downloaded [random mix] so it's pointless to take it down, why do we have lockdowns? the mixes ocr removed during both lockdowns are in the possession of plenty of people.

So in all futility I vote NO. had I been able to before the deadline I would have.

-rob

• 2 weeks later...