OCR00742 - Sonic CD (JP) "ColKaos Stoned Future"

Ginnsu

Sonic CD (JP) 'ColKaos Stoned Future'

This is a very interesting piece here by Xenepp with lots of atmosphere. I would have to say that the most interesting thing about this piece is the drum beat. Besides that its very plain, lots of synths, pads, and strings. Guess I'm just looking for something a little more exciting. Good work, Xenepp.

It's nice... It has a lot of good points to it. I find that any song that I can leave running and not be distracted usually is a good piece of music. When I listen to a piece, I'll internalize it and let myself sink into it. For this piece, it's not hard to do. For that, I recommend this piece.

However, as is a problem with most pieces of this style and type, the repetitive nature can be a little grinding. It's not as bad on this piece as it is on other, but it's still there. I could easily listen to this in the background, but it's difficult to listen to it as it's own piece.

I do like it for it's relaxed and light feel. I have to say good job to Xenepp. Though, I would work to make the piece stand out a little more. Try to add something to avoid making people want to fall asleep. It would make great in-game music, though...

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

For some reason I listen to this song all the time forget listening to Hip Hop/R&B like I always do. I luv this song! everytime I play an Xbox 360 game I play this song from my PSP (Playstaion Portable) over & over again it's just too sweet

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I got some mixed feeling about this remix, but i think Abadoss summarized my thoughts well.

However, as is a problem with most pieces of this style and type, the repetitive nature can be a little grinding. It's not as bad on this piece as it is on other, but it's still there. I could easily listen to this in the background, but it's difficult to listen to it as it's own piece.

It's cool that you decided to give it a try to the least, it's a very smooth and at some points jazzy, but since most of the samples have been grinded into a homogen soup, there aren't any elements that stands out and gets this thing going.

But not bad, not bad at all, especially since you just wanted to try it out for the first time. If you focus some more on your work, stuff like this can become awesome, but as I and Abadoss said, this is excellent music to have in the background while working or just 'chillin', whatever word that makes more sense.

Nice and groovy stuff, well done.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The mix is far off/dreamy/hazy and, daresay, trippy, but it isn't as interesting to listen to as the first impressions the first 15 or 20 seconds give.

It starts off interesting and original, but it doesn't really go anywere with it. It's like the melody is chasing itself around in circles inside a fog bank.

As it stands, this mix is a good start, but it doesn't do enough to be worthwile.

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00742 - Sonic CD (JP) "ColKaos Stoned Future"