OCR00744 - Final Fantasy VI "Enchanted Esper"

Ginnsu

• 1 year later...

Review# 5/1522 OCR00744 - Final Fantasy VI 'Enchanted Esper'

This track combines a nice combo of guitar, piano, and flute for a smooth, interesting collaboration of musical goodness. At eight minutes ten seconds long its so good you can still listen to it all the way through, some of you however, would have problems listening to it without occupying yourself to another task given the length. This however does not effect the quality of the mix itself except for some crackling near the end with the guitar but I'm not that picky, I'll have to reclassify my ten rating to a more subjective term since there are some noticeable flaws, but the mix is just so damn good.

Score: 10/10 "Excellent"

• 1 year later...
The electric guitar sample hasn't aged well, but the rest of the mix has a great hypnotic quality to it. Drums are well programmed and hold the mix together, and the transitions are pretty good as well. Not my favorite source, and that guitar bugs me, but otherwise a very competent mix.

Then I guess I will be posting it for Ari.

I actually submitted the wrong song file to ocr for that one. Thats why the guitar sounds clippy and ugly, and the piano has flaws.

Here is a version that was cleaned up and released shortly after:

http://www.fileupyours.com/view/215432/FF6_Enchanted_Esper_V2.mp3

Just FYI, this wasn't just in response to you, but to anyone else who is interested.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This song used to be one of the longest on my computer, and I loved it for that. Though it is long, every second is filled with haunting melodies and a mystical, mysterious vibe, perfect for the source. I still love this song; always a nice listen. And the FF6 soundtrack could always use some love (aside from Terra's theme; that has enough love).

• 3 years later...

Back when I got my wisdom teeth extracted, I was told to bring an audio CD to listen to while they did the procedure. I chose a CD that has this mix first, and when one of the dentists did the volume pre-adjustment via headphones, she said, "Oh, this is NICE!" regarding just the first few seconds. Enchanted Esper is therefore dentist-approved. It also makes for good "distract me from what they're doing inside my mouth" music. :P

All I can really say in addition is the piano is a faithful, expressive guiding force no matter when or how it plays. A flute, guitar, and other instruments may take the spotlight at different points, and they certainly carry the energy just as well, but for me the piano is the star player. First in, last out, and all around enchanting.

• 3 months later...

Is this really old school OCR? Regardless of that, this is an interesting remix of a neglected source. It expands on the original like it's what the tune was meant to be. Really like how long it goes without percussion, really gives a feeling of being lost. Then when it returns, it's fresh and the scene has changed. The distorted guitar was a nice touch. I really like it.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00744 - Final Fantasy VI "Enchanted Esper"
  • 1 year later...