Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

watkinzez

The movie was a very excellent , consistent conclusion to the series. Every thing has increased in this movie, the violence especially, making this one of if not the most over the top Disney movie thus far. The humor was good, the character development was consistent with the last to movies and it had a very satisfactory ending. Lets just hope they dont ruin such an excellent trilogy with another movie!!!!!!!

All I can say is, at least they minimized the overt references to the first movie. Geez, that's about all the second movie was to me - they couldn't go five minutes without referencing some character or line from the Curse of the Black Pearl.

Except for the rum. They still talk about that, a lot.

What everyone else is saying, better then the second one, not as good as the first.

The movie was a very excellent , consistent conclusion to the series. Every thing has increased in this movie, the violence especially, making this one of if not the most over the top Disney movie thus far. The humor was good, the character development was consistent with the last to movies and it had a very satisfactory ending. Lets just hope they dont ruin such an excellent trilogy with another movie!!!!!!!

ugh, Disney shills. gtfo please. how anyone could think this movie was consistent is beyond me.

This went from a cool pirates movie to an "over the top what the fuck is going on lets just please the fans" fanservice bullshit.

The first movie was great because the only thing that was surreal was the curse barbosa had from the gold. OTher than that, everything was pretty believable and pretty shway.

This one was just a big pile of what the fuck. An obvious film made of complete fanservice.

Why couldn't they have just made this a simple pirates movie and ditch all the crazy ass surreal bullshit that we already got enough of from the starwars and lotr trilogies?

This movie goes to some dizzying heights. I really liked that it didn't sell out to be assured it would break box office records. It was challenging, demanding, extremely intense - I really thought David Lynch got in on this at some point. The way the characters interact and change with each other was awesome. This movie is exactly what I want to see in an epic trilogy.

This went from a cool pirates movie to an "over the top what the fuck is going on lets just please the fans" fanservice bullshit.

The first movie was great because the only thing that was surreal was the curse barbosa had from the gold. OTher than that, everything was pretty believable and pretty shway.

This one was just a big pile of what the fuck. An obvious film made of complete fanservice.

Why couldn't they have just made this a simple pirates movie and ditch all the crazy ass surreal bullshit that we already got enough of from the starwars and lotr trilogies?

I don't think it's entirely the surreal aspect as it is the characters breaking character. It's like they made the story too serious for its own good since the second movie. Way too many different motives, serious plot twists that really doesn't belong there and the movie should never have stretched to a third one. At least with stuff like Star Wars, LoTR and other great trilogies, they were intended to be that long and be involving without the pretension of extending the story just for the sake of doing so. They were made to be trilogies to begin with, Pirates weren't.

But I also agree that they didn't really need the supernatural stuff in there. Pirates/Privateers are already interesting enough without deus ex elements. Look at Master and Commander for example.

Great movie. Too long, but that wasn't the biggest problem for me. It's just that they went overboard (har har) on the sensory overload, so you start getting numb halfway through the movie.

[spoilerS]

Last part was friggin' fantastic though. The scene with Beckett going down with the ship was incredible. My jaw was pretty much open the whole time.

Also, lol @ the telescopes.

I was disappointed that Chow Yun Fat didn't even bust any sweet kung-fu moves though...why did they even hire him if he's not gonna fight? :(

[/spoilerS]

How anyone can think this movie was excellent is beyond me, unless they're a fangirl who squeals every time Jack Sparrow appears on screen. The only part I liked was the huge fight in the end, other than that the storyline was awful.

Spoilers:

Now there's Greek goddesses being sealed by "pirate lords"? You've got to be kidding me.

The marriage scene pretty much ruined the huge fight for me. Also Knightley trying to rally the pirates with her 12 year old girl voice. *sigh*

^ That's the only thing that made me sad.

But seriously, Pirates 3? More like Pirates 300.

Was I the only one that caught those parts? That was HILARIOUS.

Also: Hans Zimmer recycling...but I don't supposed anyone listened to the Last Samurai soundtrack as much as me >_<

The marriage scene pretty much ruined the huge fight for me. Also Knightley trying to rally the pirates with her 12 year old girl voice. *sigh*

Ugh, the movie had some great moments, the marriage scene was not one of them. They should have cut it off after the proposal. But the movie did have some great moments. My favorite, "Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness." The intro was pretty good too, but the the guard kinda wounded it with his statement of the obvious.

Incidently, I'm pissed that Hoist the Colors got cut short on the OST. I'd kill to get the whole song sung by the chorus, not the squeaky voiced kid.

Spoiler: She's not a Greek Goddess, She's a nymph. They said she's known by many names, and they chose to call her Calypso, due to the Jamaican connotations.

My point was that it was a stupid plot element in general.

My point was that it was a stupid plot element in general.

As opposed to the Were-Zombie Pirates, Fish People, Flat Earth, Frenchmen who can actually fight, Submarine with gattling cannons, Compass that points to rum, and those two idiot pirates actually surviving to the end? I think Calypso's one of the more believable plot elements.

As opposed to the Were-Zombie Pirates, Fish People, Flat Earth, Frenchmen who can actually fight, Submarine with gattling cannons, Compass that points to rum, and those two idiot pirates actually surviving to the end? I think Calypso's one of the more believable plot elements.

Spoiler: The whole Calypso element was just kind of thrown in there, and the part about the first pirate lords sealing her into human form made it even more obscure. Admittingly, the other plot elements were obscure on their own, but this made an already bad plotline even worse.

I watched 2 for the first time today and, as I decided when 2 came out, immediately went and saw 3.

Eh, neither comes close to 1, as I expected, but 3 was a pretty enjoyable movie. It just seemd too...ambitious. Too much going on. The plot was crammed.

And a few moments here and there made me cringe.

I've had too much Pirates for one day. At least I partially made up for it by playing Smash Melee for 3 hours directly afterwards.