Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

watkinzez

Am I the only one who thinks that Keith seriously looked like (spoiler) Captain Blackbeard from the "Blackbeard TV Special" thing that spawned last year)

The opener is indeed a bit rushed and stuff, so is still the part about Jones, but if I look at it that (spoiler once more) Calisto is a goddess and said herself that she loves to take every form (as she's the goddess of Chaos - not only in the greek mythology - and god did I love "Sindbad" the animated movie, but that aside), I'd say that since she was been trapped by Jones himself, the course he got from her was being turned into a sea creature - unless I got that wrong. I tend to do that a lot.

Else it's pretty much logic, and if I look at the final scene, and the "duty" from Jones was calling, I'm fairly sure Mrs "Turner" will be happy after all. But sure screams for another series of Sparrow movies, indeed.

I believe this is why davy jones looks like a sea creature (Spoilers)

Davy Jones' job was to ferry the dead souls to the other world, when he stopped doing this then he became the monster. That was the deal. He was supposed to ferry the souls accross, and since he didnt, he and his crew/ship etc turned in to sea monsters.

Are you referring to the guy with the wooden eye? That was actually Barbossa's piece, he just used the guy to keep it in. That's why he spent like half the first movie chasing it around. :P

No, actually I was referring to good old Hector Barbossa himself. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he revealed as Sparrow's first mate in the first movie?

(spoilers)Why wasn't Calypso there when Davy Jones returned after the first 10 years? That's what caused him to leave his duty and all they provide in explanation is "It's in my nature"? Isn't there any other justification?

She's the goddess of the sea, yo. She's untamable (well I mean...ya'know...usually), and unpredictable. She was obviously AT sea somewhere. That's ALL of their nature.

No, actually I was referring to good old Hector Barbossa himself. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he revealed as Sparrow's first mate in the first movie?

The only reason Jack was EVER Captain of the Pearl was by agreement with Davy Jones as stated in the 2nd movie. And he wasn't even Captain of the ship for THAT LONG. The pirate lord thing stems further back than any of the movies and just because someone is a first mate on 1 ship doesn't mean he's not a captain or wasn't a captain in the past.

Well, there're still some novels left to "convert" with "Early Adventures of Jack Sparrows". And the ending hinted for another sequel already (not to mention that Depp already agreed for further movie jobs).

Although I heard that Keira Knightly and Orlando Bloom wouldn't return if they made another, so it would be some sort of spin off I guess...but it would be kinda cool to see what happened to Jack pre-curse of the black pearl.

Although I heard that Keira Knightly and Orlando Bloom wouldn't return if they made another, so it would be some sort of spin off I guess...but it would be kinda cool to see what happened to Jack pre-curse of the black pearl.

From what I've read it's nothing interesting. He worked for the East India Trading Company legitmately. They told him to transport slaves and he told them where to stick it, they branded hi a pirate and sunk the Pearl. He had Davy Jones bring it back, began to ACTUALLY pirate stuff, and then Barbossa mutinies.

At World's End made perfect sense, and was an incredible movie. Great end to the trilogy, and I hope to see more Pirates movies soon.
Glad to see someone agrees with me. While the plot was convoluted and hard to follow at times, it does make perfect sense IF YOU PAY ATTENTION. Plus the movie delivered on everything I expected it to: spectacle from start to finish, piratey humor and more Johnny Depp wackiness than you can shake a cutlass at. And I loved the bittersweet end.

Actually the Pirates series suffered the same as the Matrix series did. The first one was the best, the rest were a massive effect and story load. It was even filmed the same way.

Then again, the Pirates series had one advantage, well actually two. First, the actors didn't look like they were much older (unlike in Matrix) and it didn't look out of place either, second the story weren't as confusing and totally fucked up - all fit togehter, though part 2 and 3 could have stood on their own.

Still I think "Pirates 1" is the best movie - Pirates 2 had some awesome visual stuff in it, Pirates 3 was a bit too overloaded and long, just to finish off the series.

Doesn't mean that it's bad though. Just a bit... dissapointing.

The only real things that came out of left field were Calypso and The nine pirate lords thing, and it kind of sucked that the Kraken was offed early on.

Other than that, I thought the movie was pretty awesome. I loved the locales, the CG work, the scenes of Jack with his alter egos, etc. I don't know why people were bitching about this one. It wasn't anywhere near as piss poor as Spiderman 3 was.

Glad to see someone agrees with me. While the plot was convoluted and hard to follow at times, it does make perfect sense IF YOU PAY ATTENTION. Plus the movie delivered on everything I expected it to: spectacle from start to finish, piratey humor and more Johnny Depp wackiness than you can shake a cutlass at. And I loved the bittersweet end.

Agreed. I positively loved this movie, especially the ending (which both surprised me and left some loose threads, which actually worked in this case,) and if you go back and watch the first two, you'll notice how much random extraneous crap they put in and how convoluted parts of the story were. Plus, did anybody else think Beckett's death on the exploding galleon was really badass?