Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

watkinzez

For as much bitching about the movie as there has been' date=' I'm surprised that no one's said anything about (spoilers) Keith Richards being in the film at all and how stupid is role was. I know it was rumored years before the films release, but I think the cameo backfired in Disney's face because nobody in the theater seemed to recognize him given a) how old and decrepit he is and B) the elaborate costume he had.

All in all though, it was an enjoyable film. Definitely the sort you'd go to a theater to see. I'm not going to say that it was great though.

I went to see the movie with my mother andshe's the one who recognized him straight away. "Huh, who? Oooooooooh... Wait, that's him?" It just clicked in my head when he grabbed the guitar

I was annoyed at the whole pirate lord thing. Where did this come from? No explanation, bam! Oh we got pirate lords now! I felt like i missed a part when they started talking about this. Other than that, it was decent. I got surprised at how violent the movie turned out to be (it's supposed to be for the family?) but then again, they scorch people with boiling oil in the Hunchback of Notre-Dame. You don't see it but the kids can easily get what's happening, the same way crushed by falling stones in a very oblivious manner.

I didn't know about the after-credits part, our theater didn't let them run 'til the end :( But all in all, it was decent enough to be worth watching. I hear bad comments about Elizabeth's voice, maybe the french version of the movie sounds better? Her voice doesn't gets on my nerves. From what some told me, the french canadian version of the Harry Potter movies are more pleasant to the ears than the original version (yes, there's a european french version too, and i can't stand Hermione's voice). Maybe it applies here too?