I would like to comment about

Hi there every one

I would like to comment about wich themes are a good choice to remix.

I personally, only remix a theme from old consoles and low cuality pieces, new ones don´t need to be remixed, it hardly could result more interesting. As I said, it´s my opinion, Would like to know diferent opinions.

While it is true that the original mission of OCR may have been remixing older songs using modern means, it has expanded beyond that purpose. Newer music is as interesting to interpret and in fact it may be more challenging. I believe that no matter the source, the one thing that truly matters here is the end result, both as a reinvention of a videogame related song, and as a stand-alone work.

Hi there every one

I would like to comment about wich themes are a good choice to remix.

I personally, only remix a theme from old consoles and low cuality pieces, new ones don´t need to be remixed, it hardly could result more interesting. As I said, it´s my opinion, Would like to know diferent opinions.

While it's easier on many levels to arrange older, less complex tracks, newer music has exciting possibilites of its own.

I'd say dig around chiptune sites and listen to various NSFs, VGMs, SIDs and the like. There's lots of music from the NES, Genesis/Megadrive and Commodore 64 that will catch your attention, often from games you may have never played.