WIP: Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 - "Next in Line"

Hey guys!

Here's a remix I did from the Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 game.

Original Source:

http://www.e-concerto.net/music098273/Gatebreaker.mp3

This is the original source. It's called "Gatebreaker" and it plays as the intro theme as well as the character select theme.

Remix:

http://www.e-concerto.net/music098273/nextinline.mp3

This remix is called "Next in Line at the Tenkaichi Budokai". I know, I'm bad at coming up with names...

Well, hope you enjoy! Any comments and/or suggestions wanted. :)

You definitely have a talent for trance music. Though they could use slight refinement, your synth choice is very clean and the instruments work well together.

The song seems to overall be very "trebley", and in certain areas (especially the beginning where the hi-hat/shakers come in) it creates a noticable frequency gap. Toning down the hi-hats/shakers just a bit may help this.

Arrangement wise I really enjoyed this. I think it has enough breaks from the main melody to not be considered too repetitive, and your harmonies and chord progression keep things interesting. Just curious, how long did it take you to make this? And what programs are you using?

You definitely have a talent for trance music. Though they could use slight refinement, your synth choice is very clean and the instruments work well together.

Why thank you. :)

The song seems to overall be very "trebley", and in certain areas (especially the beginning where the hi-hat/shakers come in) it creates a noticable frequency gap. Toning down the hi-hats/shakers just a bit may help this.

That's got to be the compressor...

Arrangement wise I really enjoyed this. I think it has enough breaks from the main melody to not be considered too repetitive, and your harmonies and chord progression keep things interesting. Just curious, how long did it take you to make this? And what programs are you using?

hmmm.. 3 hrs overall... And I use FL Studio :)

The hi-hat/shaker issue has clearly been resolved. The piano that comes in around 1:58 sounds a little fuzzy.....if you can, play around with the EQ on that to make it a bit more defined. I only say "if you can" because it seems like youve found a delicate balance in your soundscape to keep it perfectly full, and if tampering with the piano throws anything else off, then just let it be. It certainly doesnt detract from the arrangement, but giving it a bit more definition could get this just a bit more perfect.

Arrangement is definitely hot.....not sure what more to say. Great job man : )

• 2 weeks later...

Seems cool. Indeed a trance mix.

I'd like to see Yamcha fighting to this tune! (My favourite).

A few times it seems a 'lil repetitive... its a good remix and has some length to it.

Are you doing anythign else to it? *wonders if its ready so I can save to HD*

You gonna put it foward to the judges?

After listening to it a few more times since I posted this.... It just feels like it needs something more. I actually just woke up from my sleep (WHO DISTURBS MY SLUMBER?!) and I had heard the track before going to bed so ya.

I'm not quite sure what is missing but there is something back there it COULD need...

• 2 weeks later...

Overall not bad but About 1/3 through it loses its energy. It regains some of it when the piano comes in. When you hit the break it doesn't have the impact it could. The guitar parts are nice and it could use more of them. Overall what you need to do is try increasing the energy of the song. Experiment more with dynamics and maybe have the tempo increase at some point. just some suggestions. Id love to hear the finished product.

Ya I been listening to it in the car for a 'lil while now... it's missing something... I actually end up skipping over it at some point... prolly 'cus it looses its energy as it was pointed out above.

I finally rented this game ^_^ It wa salot of fun, think I'l buy it.

I liked the music and video intro better ont he first game however

Very cool.

Where the song goes silent... I think it could use a kind of breakdown maybe.... it seemed a 'lil sudden.

I also think the ending could use a 'lil easing so its not an all aroudn fade out. Maybe whatever that lead guitar is you got.... have it continue and slow down into an end

Ok bed time!