OCR00053 - Mega Man "Elec Man YPOI"

• 1 month later...

I particularly love the hi-hats here. There's just so... groovalicious. Also, it's pretty happy, and how can you complain if something's happy?

Everything was very chosen... even the pizzicato works wonders with the guitar. Major props.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It's a real nice track....upbeat, happy.....the *eeeeeeeeeeee* thing doesn't really sound all that great, but it is a good excuse for a break, and besides, it's elecman, of course it's going to have something like that somewhere. :P

And....one last note........for some very strange reson, it reminds me of the op to Gundam 0080.....don't ask me why, I don't know, it just does....

85%.

• 6 months later...

That is an awesome remix. I can't complain about it. Its really happy and extremely deep, but not overly pompous or flashy (Partly on the behalf of the composer, but props to YPOI for sure). It's remix perfection. Well, perfection doesn't really exist, but it's beyond excellent. Only thing is the original chorus is out, but I think if the chorus was included it would defeat the whole purpose. Megaman and the crew would be proud.

• 6 months later...
While this remix is, admittedly, good...Injury's handling of the same material is infinitely superior. This remix was just a tad too jerky for me, but was otherwise a worthy effort.

Agreed, This is a nice techno version but Injury's is much better when comparing the two mixes. The last part of this song seems to trail off into what is a repeat of the intro. Though it's not a bad song to listen too for a few minutes.

• 1 year later...
Mega Man 'Elecman YPOI'

Hey this is pretty cool! Lots of fun electronic sounds and good instruments are used. Then suddenly it stops and makes you say "WTF??" But it starts up again. Everything will be OK! I like the use of the electronic sounds in this mix.

I agree, the beginning is very technoic, many different sounds that bounces around the roof and floor. But it didn´t come as a surprise, it hadn´t full throttle in the beginning, so when it turned over to the background instruments containing synth strings and dark respective light synths that build it up more and more with the beats that over the seconds returned to their work. Actually very good. Only that brass in the beginning sounds too much as the original, but except for that, everything just´s fine.

Ypoi, :nicework:

• 1 year later...

The samples are a little cheap for my tastes in some spots, and it starts out pretty reliant on the source, but it picks up later on and has a good deal of riffing over the original chord progression.

The stop/start is terrible though. It is too abrupt in both the start and the stop, and it sounds like the song ended early and then a similar sounding new song started up.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Definitely dated sounding, but some interesting things happening and a neat atmosphere going on. Not sure how I feel about the thing that starts happening around :44 but it kind of ends up meshing alright once the rest of the weird stuff starts getting added. Some parts have some weird timing, like the 1:10 bit and the guitar solo thing that happens just after that. But besides that its pretty cool how all these parts build and build, and all the sounds and bits go together pretty well, even the faux-guitars against the synths. Not too shabby! 

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00053 - Mega Man "Elec Man YPOI"