WIP: BreathofFire II: "JadedbyDeath"

HoboKa

Hey all. I've got a WIP of the battle with Deathevan for Breath of Fire 2. And there's a spoken part in the WIP that I want to add to it. Unfortunately, my microphone is broken...and besides I doubt I could do the voice acting. I need some one to do a creepy, demonic-like voice for the following script...

"I will rend the flesh from your bones. Killing you is only

a start...There will be songs written about the beauty of

the pain that I shall inflict upon you all!"

Now, whoever decides to actually take on the task, you may change the script up a bit if you find it too awkward. The game was made by Capcom and the translation was pretty crappy I guess.

Ok, got the WIP here http://media.putfile.com/JadedbyDeath

Uh...are you a God? How the heck did you do that!!?? That's amazing dude :). I can't thank you enough :)

And yes it's very usable :D

BTW, I'm thinking of making my song alot more darker and without the trance aspect. Would an ambient/symphonic version be better? What would be the best way to employ your amazing voice acting Mike Z? (And how did you make your files work like that? I'm sick of using Putfile to show you guys my WIPS. How do I make it so you can download my files?)

Sorry to be a moocher, but could you add..."Crumble before the might of your god, chosen one!!" ?

Oh, and some random evil laughter would be cool too - but if all else fails, i could look for an evil laugh WAV if you're not up to it ;). Thanks man :)

Newer version here: http://media.putfile.com/Breath-of-Fire-2-JadedByDeath1-36

Adding to the original would mean re-recording and changing the inflection at the end so it all works as a paragraph. You want that, or the new stuff as a separate sentence?

Let me know, I'll do it this afternoon.

About the file hosting, I put it on my mom's website, so I can't really help you there. I'll be taking it down shortly, as well. Youshare or Megaupload are decent...but Putfile is fine, if you work at it you can dl the music anyway. :^)

Also, I know very little about music aside from like or dislike, but I would skip the trance. (^.~) It didn't go with the intro, for me, and the intro is good. Although really, I just recorded those cuz voice acting is fun, so use 'em however you want.

Mike Z

Done, hopefully -the ones here- are as good as last time. I didn't know which one you picked, so I did the same effects as last time to both.

My laughing sucks. :^)

Again, use as you see fit.

Mike Z

The laugh isn't bad, but it won't fit with the eerie ambient feel - more a cartoony evil character :P

But the crumble.wav was good :D, just had to edit out the extra bit (with Goldwave) because after your speech I could hear your breathing lol :)

Wait, maybe I can edit your laugh to fit my needs :P just a little snippity doo da here and there and voi la, should be good :) Er, actually it didn't work, still sounded too goofy :S

I'm not feeling the delay on the voice, but damn, that's some excellent voice work.

The issue I am having with the mix mostly is that it seems to simply be an intro to something; I kept waiting for the song to start and it never happened. The second voice clip would be better off at the song's climax rather than the end, but there really isn't a climax at the moment.

Sorry I don't have a ton of good news, but I think it's a little too ambient at the moment, and needs a more defined structure and a more obvious melody.

Wow. Huge massive props for the voice - though the delay needs tweaking... mayhaps add more reverb to the delayed bits?

The other big thing I would change is that FM bell - detune it some more. Currently its rather clean and not quite part of the atmosphere.

Wow. Huge massive props for the voice - though the delay needs tweaking... mayhaps add more reverb to the delayed bits?

The other big thing I would change is that FM bell - detune it some more. Currently its rather clean and not quite part of the atmosphere.

er, which sound is the FM bell?? I'm a newb to the terminology...just started remixing :S

I'm not feeling the delay on the voice, but damn, that's some excellent voice work.

The issue I am having with the mix mostly is that it seems to simply be an intro to something; I kept waiting for the song to start and it never happened. The second voice clip would be better off at the song's climax rather than the end, but there really isn't a climax at the moment.

Sorry I don't have a ton of good news, but I think it's a little too ambient at the moment, and needs a more defined structure and a more obvious melody.

Yeah I was thinking of creating a creepy symphony where my current clip ends at, and I'll move the voice at the new actual climax. I intended for an ambient feel, but it's too ambient atm huh. - Actually I changed my mind, I got a creepy trancy feel now :D, although I need deeper, more resonate sounds for a bass to go with it...any ideas?? Here it is, in its new shiny glory...http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FXH9408G

BTW,it's a bit of a hassle to get the file, but at least you can download it this time...just input the 3 digit password and click download and voila.

• 3 weeks later...
The intro is still too long, and there never really gets to be any meat in the track. It is also painfully loud once the beats come in.

That being said, the samples are generally good, and there are some nice panning details.

There just needs to be a melody, and the volume needs to come down.

Thanks for taking the time to review my submission OA :-). I shall try to improve upon the melody and the volume level.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a lot better than I remember it, so nice work improving it. It still has a ways to go, however.

The main issue is pacing. The intro is hella long. If you are going to have an evil voice introing the song, it needs to kick into high gear pretty much immediately. As of right now, I hear the voice and think, "ok, time to fight this dude", but then there is a minute plus of intro. The intro is much improved, but still way too long ESPECIALLY considering the overall length of the track. I think chopping down some intro time, moving the voice further back in the song so it finished right before the transition into the upbeat part, and a lot more tail end is the first step to making this is good mix. Take care of the pacing issues and I'll give some critiques on the sounds/mixing.

Yeah OA they (the judges) didn't like my main techno part either. They said that it sounded like a big muddy mess and that the drums were dry and sounded as if they were in a small room. At least it doesn't clip...heh

It's been like 5 months since I started remixing, I think I've improved but clear not enough to make anything worthwhile yet.

UNLESS you wanna do a collab with me and help me get the EQ going :D, I can cut down the introduction and you can help me master the techno part - if you want. I really want to get posted on OCR lol.

Distinct improvement for sure, and i'll gladly give you pointers on the track production, but as for collab right now I gotta say no.

1. My production is currently a problem area for me, and is not a strong point.

2. This song is pretty sparse right now and I would go crazy on it if we were to collab, and it'd sound way way different. I'm cool with collaborating on something in the future, but I think you'd feel a lot better working on this one by yourself.

3. I am lacking remix time ATM since the Radical Dreamers project is nearing completion, and I have a few other obligations as well. Once things clear up i'll be down with a remix collab, but it'll be after this one is done for certain.

Distinct improvement for sure, and i'll gladly give you pointers on the track production, but as for collab right now I gotta say no.

1. My production is currently a problem area for me, and is not a strong point.

2. This song is pretty sparse right now and I would go crazy on it if we were to collab, and it'd sound way way different. I'm cool with collaborating on something in the future, but I think you'd feel a lot better working on this one by yourself.

3. I am lacking remix time ATM since the Radical Dreamers project is nearing completion, and I have a few other obligations as well. Once things clear up i'll be down with a remix collab, but it'll be after this one is done for certain.

Oh allright...lol that'd be cool if you, Sensei Tan, CHIPP Damage and I collabbed on a song, that'd be epic >_<

Oh, you know what I've had an inkling to do a Schala remix for a while, let us collaborate on that sometime in the future :-D

OK, so iono wut happened to me. I was struck by invisible lightning or something, cuz I think my skill has just gone up a notch here. Wuts your guys' opinions - I know the beat is un- original and lacking in fills - I can put those in later, just need them in so you guys can get an idea of what it's gonna sound like if it should continue down this path.

http://media.putfile.com/BoF2-Dance-Evan-

Have fun

very seamless ethereal sounds, very zen-like in a dark way.

The production quality is very good.

I think the only thing that i am not sure about is the drum beat composition. First i would say that when the synths start to build, it would be good to start the percussion up as well before the actual beat, as a kind of primer, even if its just a reverse cymbal effect or something. Also i would say that it feels like the drum beat comes in either too early or too late, in the middle of a musical phrase

other than that its sounding really good.