New motherboard

Effef

I have been looking around for a new mobo for the last couple of days since my USB ports are on their last legs. I am now using an ASUS A8N-E Socket 939. This board and the last ASUS board I have had both went out in the same way, and I really do not want to give it a third go.

Does anyone have any particular recommendations?

Requirements are:

Has to be socket 939. I really don't have the money for anything newer.

Preferably passive cooling for the chipsets, but if not I can deal.

At least 1 PATA connector.

NOT ASUS.

EDIT: Not two seconds after I hit submit my mouse quit working again. This is getting really annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure DFI is good, but at this point in time paying $160 for a S939 board seems pointless. (Also, that $160 board is AM2)

Unfortunately though, there aren't many options left for S939 these days.. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010200022+1070907495&name=Socket+939 Those look to be your options.. notice lots of Asus boards, heh.

Get some of those USB to PS2 adapters and switch your keyboard and mouse over to that. Seriously.

Just remember to shut your system off first so you don't run the risk of shorting out your motherboard.

I just noticed, I never mentioned that my PS/2 ports are out too. So that isn't happening.

The problem here is, I either will have to pay out the ass for a DFI, go cheap and with a VIA (retch) chipset, or ebay. None of which I really want to do.

I have a nice laptop now, so I think I will just hold off for a while and save up for a AM2/ Core2Duo system.