OCR01582 - Final Fantasy VI "Cantata for Dancing: I. Mors ego sum mortis"

This might work: did for in in firefox.

copy and paste this into your browser.. add the http:// at the beginning

uploadfile2.putfile.com/getfile/11809-2b7a-037a-059-70912video47360sslash15303023015.mp3

Nope this doesn't work. The best idea is to view the source when you actually click on the link I posted. From there you can search for the .mp3 file and download (I think). If that doesn't work, you'll just have to sign up for the stupid account and download it. It's free though so no pain involved.

-Derek-

Derek, if you have a new copy of the mix at/under the 6MB/192kbps limits that deals with the volume, attach me a copy in an email. Since it hasn't been long since it was posted, we can replace the existing version with a new one provided that the arrangement itself isn't changed.

In the meantime, I'd suggest something at least more semi-permanent for hosting of the higher encoding such as Google Pages. Putfile, Rapidshare, Getfile, Nowfile, Wutfile, WHOAfile, et al. are all poor hosting choices.

Wow, this epic style mix of the first 2 final battles with Kefka is packed! Without major spoilers, here’s a quick review. ALOT of work has gone into this.

The composition of this "remix" is oozing with excellence as it impressively shows Uematsu what the source tune could become if a live-action epic movie of Final Fantasy was made. I also love how it keeps true to the original, as Uematsu himself created a song that's unique enough that it can't be twisted into ruin when re-arranged. 2:03-2:13 brags on its influences of John Williams and Howard Shore big time as the brass section pulls off some Matrix, Lord of the Ring, and Star Wars type fill-ins.

The mix would go much further if the choir was recorded live, but the samples did do a bit more than justice in the mix. Yeah, I know. Expenses are an issue, but there's always a loop-hole if you want low-cost excellence. So again, good use of various choir samples. Don't be discouraged.

Anyway, other than the volume issue which is being worked on, this mix not only snags a 9.9/10, it sets the bar for future epic mixes on this site.

Highly recommended for epic movie soundtrack fans!

I absolutely love this. It's so easy for me to imagine that this is a real orchestra and choir in a concert hall. I've never managed to finish this particular Final Fantasy, but this makes me want to jump right into it. I'm consistently blown away by the beginning, when the choir comes in.

I'm going to go ahead and call this a masterfully compelling work of art. Not because it's done in the classical style, but because it is awesome.

Bravo, sir.

Bravo.

I'm going to repeat what everyone's been saying in this board, but I don't care.

Epic. Choir rocks.

It's really hard to deviate from a piece as epic as Dancing Mad, hence why I'm very impressed with this ReMix. It manages to pay homage to the original and in the same time be original and creative. It's not just the choir; the orchestral composition itself really stands out. Quality stands out, and the mix gets really creative toward the end.

I'm very curious on how were you guys able to pull off the choir. Who wrote the creative lyrics (especially love the "I am Death of Death" bit, very smart)? Who sang the choir basically? Of course, I guess that the voice was doubled up for the choir effect...or did you guys bring in multiple people to sing? You see how confused I am since it sounds very authentic.

Unfortunately, putfile is blocked here so I also would perfer a permanent address to host the better file. :)

Epic. Choir rocks.

Thank you :)

I'm very curious on how were you guys able to pull off the choir. Who wrote the creative lyrics (especially love the "I am Death of Death" bit' date=' very smart)? Who sang the choir basically? Of course, I guess that the voice was doubled up for the choir effect...or did you guys bring in multiple people to sing? You see how confused I am since it sounds very authentic.

[/quote']

The choir used was EWQL Symphonic Choirs. They're all real singers and they're also bundled together in an amazing piece of software available at soundsonline.com. I remember the day that Jeremy and I were discussing lyrics. Basically we came up with all the lyrics together but the "I am the death of death" was Jeremys idea. Thats exactly what Kefka is too so it's accurate.

Unfortunately' date=' putfile is blocked here so I also would perfer a permanent address to host the better file. :)[/quote']

For anyone who can't access the putfile, here is an alternate site for downloading the file. It's my personal FTP server.

Mors Ego Sum Mortis

Very nice! This shall have an honored place among my playlists. However, I often felt throughout that it could use more male choir... baritone and bass-baritone... to lift the female choir up, knowhutimean.

The composition of this "remix" is oozing with excellence as it impressively shows Uematsu what the source tune could become if a live-action epic movie of Final Fantasy was made.

Live-action? How about (arguably) better-than-live CG? Check out Uematsu Nobou's "Yakusoku no Chi" from the FF:Advent Children soundtrack. I'm not sure if it had source material in the FF7 game, but who cares? It's a beautiful all-choir piece that accompanied the movie well, crafted by Nobou himself.

Immaculate.

Choir and Orchestra flow together flawlessly. This is epic-movie quality music; the sort of music you lean back in your seat to, hands full of popcorn, eyes as big as dishes as your heart pounds in rhythm with the music. A drink sits by you, untouched by human hands as awe restricts its consumption. Bits and pieces of snack food fly across the theater as thunderous applause erupts, shaking the walls, floor and ceiling. Wonder slowly turns to dismay as the crowd finally realizes that the song is, indeed, over and plans to hear it once more brew without words. A strange sense of vertigo sets over the people as their heart rates descend to normal levels and blood flows not quite so madly.

This is the best orchestra arrangement on OCR hands down. Truly epic.

The sample quality is top-notch, and the choir adds a lot to the overall epic atmosphere of this song. I especially dig the brass instruments in this one; wonderful.

Just one question: what is that sound in the background at 2:15? Sounds like a blip or something; it really throws me off.

what is that sound in the background at 2:15? Sounds like a blip or something; it really throws me off.

I listened to that area and I really don't hear anything that sounds like a blip or anything. Try downloading the HQ version. If you still hear it, please describe it more so I can listen closer for it. I've posted the HQ link in the review thread.

http://media.putfile.com/Mors-Ego-Sum-Mortis-75

-Derek-

Have I ever told you you two are my Gods and I haven't stopped worshipping you daily for this release for two weeks?

I love how complex this must have been, technical wise, and artistically, its gorgeous. Thank you both for taking your time to do such a wonderful remix.

I listened to that area and I really don't hear anything that sounds like a blip or anything. Try downloading the HQ version. If you still hear it, please describe it more so I can listen closer for it. I've posted the HQ link in the review thread.

http://media.putfile.com/Mors-Ego-Sum-Mortis-75

-Derek-

It's in the HQ version as well. The song picks up at 2:14, and right at 2:15, there's this sound...like a windows error message box. It's clearly audible when using headphones.

I got a request to say something about the 2nd movement. All I'm saying so far is that it's very different than the first movement but it's just as beautiful and awesome. I'm just begining the string section and it's sounding very nice. I'm sure that it will be done very soon.

-Derek-

First off, simply amazing... Easily takes to the top 20 best songs of my list, for sure, and my work, if only for 6 minutes, becomes an effortless burden as that choir comes to ear.

But... What is 'very soon'? To some, 'very soon' means 'in a mere few days', to others who become skeptical of that phrase, think 'TBA 2063'... Since I don't understand your grasp of this relative scope of 'time', I ask you, what is 'very soon'?

Of course, the finest wine takes longest in wait to fully enjoy, and I can very well wait for any future movement of this collection, but curiosity killed CATS (Your sodomy of common diction shall find its way back to you ten-fold, evil translators of the final circle!!!), and even though that has no bearing on this instance, I am curious all the same.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01582 - Final Fantasy VI "Cantata for Dancing: I. Mors ego sum mortis"