argh, velocity levels be darned! (and something about redrum)

No I don't have a keyboard, so yes, I have to use my mouse to input the velocity-levels for each note, but as I'm struggling my way through a constant stream of sixteenth notes of the bassline of a 4

minute song ( And I will have to do the same for the drums after this >:( ), I keep wondering if there isn't some kind of lame command that just randomizes the velocity levels for an entire track.

Apart from that, do I REALLY have to make a separate Redrum channel for snare, bass-drum, hi-hats, toms, cymbals, etc if I want to EQ and compress each of them seperately, cause that would just be a major pain in the ass, as well as a friggin channel hog (Drums taking up half of the available channels D= )

One thing about the Redrum... The amount of channels should never be a problem. You can create as many Line Mixers as you want, as well as the Spider Audio Merger&Splitter devices if two sounds have a similar EQing. It should almost become standard operation to create a Line Mixer along with a Redrum, in my opinion.

I dunno about a auto-humanization thing in Reason.. I've never looked for it. :-\

No prob. :-)

Even after a bit of Googling, I couldn't find anything about Reason having the ability for humanization.

Though I think ole Cakewalk does.. Maybe you can get a trial version, or whatever, of Cakewalk, then export your track as MIDI, import it in Cakewalk, then do humanization, export out, then into Reason again. Think that would work?

whoa.... WHOA!! hold on there. Ever look at the back of the redrum only to notice that there are audio outputs for EACH SAMPLE? Here is what I do. Make a big mixer above the redrum. now DONT connect the main redrum outputs to it, instead connect each samples outputs to a channel in the mixer. Then just stick effects between whatever sample you want to effect. There done.

I for one, use the separate outputs most of the time. If you want, you don't need to use line mixers, just eq everything separately and join them later with spiders. However this can get messy with several redrum machines/nn-19/nn-xt wired all over the place and joined by a few spider mergers. I use a combination of the two techniques, depending on the situation, so it's up to you.