Reason... Logic...

Come, ocr remix forum goers. Let us ponder together the thematic similarity of these two names, and next time someone asks us if this has "made the rounds," we will solemnly reply, "yes, yes it has."

Since you asked, my experience with the two programs dates back to about three years ago. I figured that out the correlation of the their names about last year and was mildy amused. I think I might have smiled, maybe.

Heh, yes, those program titles are fun... if you notice my latest remix collab, it's actually sort of a three way pun. The original was "Under Logic". My mix is "Above Reason"... so besides the obvious down->up, there's also the logic/reason thing, but more importantly, "Above Reason" references the fact that tefnek and I made the song in FLStudio. And since we think FL is better than Reason...

Oddly, I noticed this amusing similarity as I read the title of this topic. I thought "funny, but that can't be what this thread will be about".

Fine. I'll give you something else I noticed: Reason doesn't seem to fit within Propellerhead's own naming convention.

We have REcycle to capture samples and make loops from them.

We have REfills to bring added sounds to our music-making repertoires.

We have REbirth to emulate some older vintage synth sounds. (though I haven't quite gotten this to work, and I know it's no longer supported. I heard about a Rebirth Refill... is that good?)

And then we have RE... ason?

......????

if you notice my latest remix collab, it's actually sort of a three way pun.

That's one lucky pun.