cobaltstarfire

Rambo

Ninja-san

Ramaniscence

SolidSnake4564

The Lone Gunman

OA

----------------------------------------

Welcome to the June edition of OCR's "official" Fan Art Competition (FAC).

If your unfamiliar with FAC then please refer to the next post that contains all rules and regulations.

As you know the winner of last months FAC gets the privilege of choosing this month's theme. In a word, last month sucked

balls

major

balls

so lets not do that again

but amongst the balls being sucked there was a winner that emerged. It was Ninja-san who selected Super Mario Brothers

So

dont even try telling me youve never played this

theres a zillion of em

so get to steppin

and draw draw draw

PM me all entries by:

June 23rd

Alright! Lets get started!

Support this thread by wearing one of these:

fan0hu1.png

fan1zs2.png

fan2sd1.png

FAQ

What is the Fan Art Competition?

The Fan Art Competition is a monthly event where artists create some form of art based on a certain theme.

What is the theme?

The theme is decided by the winner of the previous months competition and must be video game related.

What if I don't know much about the theme?

Information resources are provided in the first post of the thread.

Who can submit art?

Anyone

What are my restrictions?

You are allowed to submit one entry, but other than that there are no restrictions. There are no size, quality, image size restrictions.

Who decides the winner?

OCR of course, the whole community votes on it.

How does voting work?

On the day after the deadline I will make a post that displays all of the art submitted. Then users will be allowed to see every entry and decide which three they like the best, in order. Afterwhich they will send me a PM with their vote and maybe a few comments about the contest. They must do so in the announced voting period. If not then they fail at voting.

When and how do we see the results?

After the voting period is over I will count the results and figure out which peice has the most points. When voting the voter sends in their top three favorite peices. The one they like the most is worth 3 points, the second 2 points and the third 1 point.

If I enter the contest can I vote?

Yes, and voting for yourself is allowed if you REALLY wanna.

Once the points have been counted I will send a happy PM to the winner that tells them that they one and explains how they are to choose the next months theme. *deep breath* Once I get a PM back I will post the results and artists choice for the next months theme.

Rules and Regulations!

1) Any art submitted must be based off of the months theme.

2) No P0rn.

3) Your entry must be created within the month. It cannot have been something you've created in the past or partially finished prior to the announcement of the theme.

4) All entries must be 100% your work. Simply altering something created by someone else may be cool, but is not allowed as an entry.

It's extremely unlikely that I'll join this round, but that's mainly due to my lack of drawing skills. However, I do have a question. Since the theme is Super Mario Brothers, can we do something from the movie as well, if we wanted to? I'm just wondering if this is limited to the games, or if it's anything related to Super Mario Brothers (thus, including the movie, and the TV shows, and whatever else there may be). It'd be interesting if someone did a piece off of something, other than the games themselves...

Anyway, just wondering. Good luck everyone. So far, it's sounding pretty neat. Mouser X out.

What is this game? I have not heard of it. Can you provide a link to the Supper Brothers website?

Ok, joke aside : MUTHERFCKIN' BOWSER YEAH!!! <3<3<3<3<3!!!

I started wondering how long before this theme would pop out. Since i'm finally done with school, i should have enough time to whip some fun stuff. AND BOWSER FTFW!

I can already predict some "I, Mario"-looking art too (at least let's hope to see some). The Mouser and Chain Chomp were fantastic imo.

Edit : (ok 3rd time i try to edit this, and each time my comp just does a Go Back think instead and deletes everything)

I doubt SSB works, unless you mainly or only pictures SMB characters. It has a lot of the Mario serie, at least the first SSB, but it's not only that. Maybe Donkey Kong would work to an extent, but even then DK and his gang have a serie of their own. No idea for Yoshi games, but i'm pretty sure SMW2 works. And lol@Mario Paint suggestion, i'd love to see what could be made with that (jump doggy, jump! Ooh fly swatting. Or Mario's killer A).

To add to the list : Mario Lost in Time (i always thought it was the same than Mario's Missing, but back then i didn't know shit about english, haha)

Random off-topic : my sister just called saying she found an abandoned kitten on the side of the road and she's bringing it back home. We have a Boxer/Rottweiler-mixed dog. This shall be entertaining and interesting.

Atma, stop linking to that zooomr photo page I had set up for all ocr fanart. It seems they recently upgraded something and I've lost all the pictures which pretty much pises me off but yeah with that page not working anymore there is no need for linkage. I'm trying to contact support to see if I can recover them.

Anyway I expect a gazillion entries this month...it's friggin super mario...anybody can do anything. I could too if I stop being lazy and draw something.

YoshiKindaScary.jpg

I hope no one's drawing Bowser. That would just be stupid. No originality, no class. So much to choose from why would you choose Bowser? Completely overrated. Btw Bowser will definitely be the centre of attention in my picture.