Katamari Bounce!

Schmancy

So, I found this wierd, bubbly percussion thing I was piddling around with a couple of years ago, and I didn't really know what to do with it, so I did something with it, and this is what happened. It's definitely still a WIP, since the recording quality is awful, the length is tinny, the variety is lackluster, and I'm basically out of ideas. Any tips and tricks for the moment?

Linkage: http://www.box.net/shared/cg162nyrav

Ooh, a katamari mix. We can always use more of those.

Downloaded, I'll comment later.

e: Eh, it's a little bland, I think. I dunno if it's quite "bouncy" enough to warrant "bounce" in the title. Also, I'm not sure you've done enough to distance yourself from the source material so much as change the instrumentals and the drum track. Still, I like it, 'cause it's katamari, but it still needs more work yet.

Fair enough. It's really only remotely bouncy for the first few bars and then falls back into being kind of straightforward. It wasn't originally Katamari at all--I kind of tossed in there. Anyways, I'll see what can be done.

This is a nice start! Even though in the beginning it is very "...and the next loop starts...and the next loop starts...and the next loop starts..." if you know what I mean?

But I like the style and the samples used. In the part after the intro it also deviates a little from the original composition, which is good!

The high-pitched bells in the beginning are a bit grating on the ears, they could be a little softer.

I don't know what else I could say. Try making it wackier! It IS Katamari after all. :)