OCR00753 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Pachelbel's Ganon"

Joe Redifer

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Pachelbel's Ganon'

I love it. It sounds very similar to djp's Sonic ReMix entitled "Love Hurts". But that's a good thing. This mix has a goodness all of its own, though. It warrants downloading and repeated listening. Excellent arrangement. I do enjoy the second half a bit better for some odd reason (probably due to the addition of the very realistic sounding acoustic guitar---complete with fret noise in the proper locations), but that's not to say that the first half isn't excellent. Lots of subtleties that the MP3 format can't do justice to.

It's a djp mix, so it is required downloading!

This remix is off the hinges. I love it when that panflute jumps in there at 1:32. This piece sounds a little latin and jazzie. The drum beat is hip hop influenced, yet in a soft comfortating way. Throughout, you can hear the cello paving the way for the whole journey through this masterpiece. At 3:12 it winds down with the guitar and cello complimenting eachother. The only thing i would have liked to see was a few more scaled notes played on that last measure with the guitar. 'Pachelbel's Ganon', is one of djpretzel's best.

mmm.. me thinks djpretzel is jazzie.

Wow...DJP strikes again. This is friggin' excellent. Where do I start? Very smooth, and easy to listen to. I loved the acoustic guitar in the last half of the song. Hell, I loved everything. Instead of reading my dumb review, go download the song. Right now. NOW!

.. wow. When I read the description, about how different it is from the original ... I wasn't sure I was going to like it. I decided to download it anyway.

I have to say, the song was great. It exceeded all my expectations, and I think this is one of the best Zelda 64 mixes out there. Excellent song. :D

EDIT: Wow ... I can't stop listening to this. :D It's so good, it's addictive!

Hey, it's not like anything he says can keep me from downloading his songs... I'm glad I got this one, because it rules.

The intro got me thinking of 60's pop, or rather 90's pop trying to sound like 60's pop (you know, as in Fastball and stuff). That's probobly due to the cello. This one's very cool sounding. I love how the theme, whatever it's called, played on the el. piano is integrated with jazzy soloing.

The accoustic guitar sounds convincing, but I could have lived without it...

BTW, am I the only one who hears a irritating glitch at 02:42? It could be something with my file. I can try and downloading again.

Whoah .. why is this a remix ? this deserves more to be one of those single-noted songs ! I mean .. you completely remade something out of two songs .. its inspiration .. this song isnt for purists, but for anyone who has ANY sort of musical taste.

Everything about this song is good .. the sound, the melody, chorus, instrument, quality, ambience, mood, sound, i just cant stop playing this anymore ..

DJP = r00l

a must

Whoa... I may be male, but I had MULTIPLE orgasms when hearing this song. It rocks all. Was gonna write a long review, but right now I'm speechless. I think I'm gonna listen to 'Love hurts' now, cause if it's anything like this mix I'll be a really happy man. Awesome shit, DJP.

I'll try and write up a better review in a bit, but right now I am too much in awe atm.

DJP, YOU DA MAN!! (this is for those who are mentally retarded and could not see that before hand)

I have to play Pachelbel's Cannon for my highschool band, and since then I can't get it outta my head. This song rocks. Now i'm hooked on Cannon more than ever. S'cuse me while I cure myself with some more of DJP's mixes.

Wow.

It's kind of odd as a Zelda remix since the keys are different, but in changing it, pretzel has created an entirely different sound to the song and it's AWESOME. It does sound a little like 'Love Hurts', but only because it has that electric organ(or piano ??) sound that the beginning (which I like a LOT). It's definitely not the funky beats of "Love" but an excellent song indeed.

I know this is my second post on this thread, but just wanted to say the more I listen to it the more I like it. I've got to say, this is one of my favorites, and definitely the best DJP best mix, and one of the best overall, I've heard.

Edit: And Kawasaki, Media Player reports the song to be 1'36 for me as well, but it keeps playing on my computer until the end. I wonder why that is.

Edit: And Kawasaki, Media Player reports the song to be 1'36 for me as well, but it keeps playing on my computer until the end. I wonder why that is.

Because WMP sucks :P. Actually, it doesn't read VBR mp3s correctly, so it will play the whole song, but it doesn't report the time correctly.

Very nice...

I love the way this thing sounds...

At the beginning, you can almost picture Link charging in slo-mo towards Ganon for the final blow or something.

You know, where they usually freeze the camera, show the look on everyone's face, shows the look of victory, then lets him finish him?

I love that feeling this mix gives me...

It's almost as if you made an entirely different song...

Once again, very nice... :D

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00753 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Pachelbel's Ganon"