OCR00753 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Pachelbel's Ganon"

Joe Redifer

Nice. I really got into this remix. At first I was having a hard time picking out the parts that were the OoT songs, but once I did it was like a whole new way of looking at them. I didn't feel bored of any particular part, which is what I look for in remixes or songs in general.. I can't stand when a song is repetitive. So, in conclusion, I enjoyed 'Pachelbel's Ganon' very much. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The first time I heard this one, I just thought "WTF?! Where's the Ganon theme? Actually, where are any of the themes?!" Then I read what djp actually wrote, and suddenly I could pick them out distinctly.

This track has a somber, dark mood to it, but the woodwind-ish Zelda's Lullaby somehow adds a feeling of hope to it. All in all, it combines to make one friggin KICKARSE remix. And I'm a big fan of the original Zelda themes, moreso than of the remixes. So that's saying something.

• 2 weeks later...

I love that EP in the intro

How come you fools can't recognize this song? FOOLS!

This song's got a great name! Clever, I would have never though of something like that

When the chorus comes in singing Zelda's Lullaby thats where I really fall in love then moves onto a guitar solo, I wish I was this skilled!!

I just think you should have the rest of Zelda's lullaby in here as well as like another verse or something, not in the chorus though.

Anyways, Great Job djp! Keep it up!!

• 3 weeks later...

This is too catchy. WAY too catchy! :D I think I've listened to it like 5 times in row. Really nice work all around, especially with the melody adaptations. I'm really digging the cello DJP used in this...it sounds very familiar to me, but I can't place who it's from. Some Roland/Edirol product perhaps? And it's strange, I recognize half the instruments in this song too, like the classical guitar and the hi-hat samples.

Well, it makes no difference either way. Excellent job all around, and very listenable. Great job on the mixing, too. Everything sounds clear and professional. Despite the lack of Ganon's theme, I'll give this a 10 outta 10. D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have pretty much the entire content of this website on my MP3 player. Whenever I make a 70-minute CD-R to introduce people to OCR, this tune is the last song on it. The last song is always the one you wouldn't want to put anywhere else because it would make any other piece look bad. Pachelbel's Ganon is the reason I fell in love with this site and I don't think it has been surpassed yet. This one is the best in show and bow in reverence of it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Excellent work, i like to put this on just before i fall asleep, it's the kind of gentle sound you can just relax to. i love the way this feels.

this mix is the reason i found OCRemix 3 years ago. i was searching for Ganon on google, and i kept seeing "pachelbel's Ganon" popping up. I thought i'd see what it was all about, and wow! I managed to get my whole IT class (about 25 of us) singing along to this, even though i was the only one who had played the game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What can I say that hasn't already been said? How can I express what I think of this song.

"Too beautiful for words" comes to mind. I'm absolutely in love with this. From beginning to end.

I'm 21, 6'3" tall 240lb ex-football player, and this song made me cry. Yeah. Out loud. Couldn't stop. Played it everywhere I went for a week straight, and still remains on every mix CD I burn.

Really, I'm trying to think of something educated and "judge-like" to say, like "the beat transitions nicely from strong to soft at around 1:50," but even that won't do this justice.

Beat, instruments, tone, flow, POWER, all are perfect.

Maybe not my favorite "rocking out" song, but I would say that this is hands down the best song I've ever heard in my life.

And yeah, post 1, made an account just to share my feelings.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00753 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Pachelbel's Ganon"