OCR00753 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Pachelbel's Ganon"

Joe Redifer

Wow. I don't post much here, but I had to put my 2 cents in. Being the heathen I am, I've never played Zelda 64....

*hides in the corner*

.... However, as other people have stated, this song isn't just for video game purists, but for anyone with an appreciation for music. Pachabel's Canon has alway been one of my favorite classical pieces, and the way it is used in this piece is great.

2 thumbs way up!! Great work djpretzel!!!

I really like this remix. The warmth of the cellos (MP3 sucks though, i want wav!), the entire mood of the piece, the combination of the electronic sounds, like the "love hurts" piano, to the acoustic gutiar, the entire piece just flows so well. IMO, DJP's best work yet, and an amazing OCR.

I have one word to say: WOW. This remix blew most of my Zelda mixes away. It was INCREDIBLE! DJP, you are extremely skilled and I hope that you will make other fantastic remixes like this one. Was that also a pan flute I heard in that song? Anyways, my two cents in on this one, because this mix, compared to all of my Zelda mixes, stands out and I almost always listen to this one. DJP you ROCK!

I enjoy the mix as a whole, which is impressive given it's a compilation. Many compilations (and normal songs for that matter) are only interesting in parts, but this one stands well from start to finish, with a soothing and somewhat haunting mood (due to the pipe-like sounds). Great work on the guitar btw!

This is my 2nd favorite mix by DJP, With his Crono Revival Day being his best, IMO:)

I like this style of remix better then some of the more fx oriented ones: The music is the focus, with the zelda theme not a crutch but what seems to be more an inspiration for the rest of the piece. The opening is downbeat, and the rest of of the peice is mysterious and relaxed, making the tie into zelda's whistle theme excellent. Extremely Recomended

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

After listening to this mix again for the first time in a few months, this mix is probably one of my favorite on the site. actually i think you could easily bill this as original material. the only similarities are the heavily altered lullabye melody and the beginning of the guitar solo. very original and very nice.

-Vig

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe I downloaded this and then forgot about it until it showed up on my list again.

I love this to death. This is so well put-together, played, everything. I love the interpretation of the lullaby and everything. It's moving and beautiful in this way I can't even really describe. I can't stop listening to this! This is fantastic work and I love how original it is too. It makes recognizing the original melody all that more satisfying and amazing when it's interpreted in such a creative and wonderful way.

THIS IS MOST LIKELY THE BEST VIDEO GAME REMIX IN EXISTANCE. This is one song that djp puts it all together to bring us what video game music should be. Yes, there's the techno junk that I have a natural aversion towards, but the song is neither relient on it nor does it stand out from any of the other instruments djp uses. You just got to love this, folks. The songs remixed themselves are so tightly wrapped up with original pieces that djp could probably publish this without nintendo knocking on his door... 8/8 :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey...feels nice to just have the music hit your ears...

AHEM!*

This mix, OH HOW I ADORE IT! So wonderful...so true...I'd even go so far as to say the chorus-line sounds..."airy". Yeah....air-dried...

Anyway, this one sits just below my current favorite, "Love Hurts". Maybe over time, my tastes will grow onto this one better. But until then, "Love Hurts" is my main tune. They are both from my favorite DJ--and that is currently DJ Pretzel. Keep this stuff up, man...just...keep it flowing, I NEED more remixes like this!

Final verdict... MY SCORE-- 9.4/10

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00753 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Pachelbel's Ganon"