OCR00756 - Silent Hill "Nay Tomorrow"

orkybash

Yeah... I don't know the original, I just listened to this song on ormgas and loved it. Beautiful piece, though I obviously don't know how much of the beauty came from the original vs. from the arrangement. I just had one gripe, like everyone else - the ending. Or rather, the lack of one.

• 9 months later...

Wonderful piece of music.

There were quite a bit of times where I just wasn't prepared for what actually happened. In fact, 5 seconds into the song the piano makes a minimalist appearance (a whole 7 spine chilling notes). I was expecting another round of the intro before any other instruments joined in, but got a nice example of what to expect from the rest of the piece: minimalistic, with just a few unexpected twists to keep one interested.

The beat itself is extremely simple, repeating the same 4 measures for the majority of the piece. Not much else is really needed, as the nay provides all the dynamic/emotional aspects of the song. The occasional accompanying instruments add just enough variety to keep the piece from getting too boring.

Overall, the pure emotion present within the nay is what drives this piece. I, for one, found the ending to be absolutely brilliant. To me, the entire premise of the song is a very mellowdramatic outlook on life (call it emo, if you will). Everything is depressing, even the various moments that have meaning are still melancholy, all leading up to an abrupt end (suicide, accident, etc.). At least that's how I interpret it.

• 2 months later...

Well they played this song on the movie too now that i remember when i went to the theatres to see the movie... the movie kicked @ss... but yea... this is a mystifying tune... and its very setting for the atmosphere of some of the in-game events. 10/10 is my opinion... if i were to rate. <D!

• 2 years later...

I will have to join in with those that love this remix. This is my favorite remix of all the remixes here. It has constantly been on my mp3 player, my phone, my psp. as a flute and clarinet player, i love woodwinds. I think this mix would have been ruined if he had added drums.

On a side note it really annoys me when people will play that 'no no I'm not a racist/bigot/etc. because one of my best friends is asian/black/latino/white/middle eastern/etc' and that's suppposed to make the whole situation better. That is such a lame come back. Was Tamimi supposed to say 'Oh you do? well that changes everything!' or something along those lines?...It diminishes his intelligence. I'm not saying this was posted late because of discrimination or that dj pretzel is that sort of person (i don't know him). but that was the lamest comeback ever. I wish he'd take that comment down from the review...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

There is some beautiful playing here, and I wish that Tamimi had submitted more mixes to the site. The emotion of his playing is very present in this track, and it's hard not to want to listen to this a few more times (not that anything is stopping me).

I feel like the breaks without the nay could have been a little bit shorter, to focus on it a bit more and really let it shine as the lead instrument, but the interludes are very pretty too and stand on their own. Also, the ending is unfortunately a bit abrupt, it would have been great to have a ritardando to the last note.

The texture of the nay is beautiful and it is very nice to listen to. Check this one out.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This is very good. I just re-discovered this song (it came up in shuffle, I'd only listened to it once before) and moved is straight into my OCRemix favorites. I loved the first Silent Hill and this has a really great ambient atmosphere (although not one that matches the creepy mood of the game).

• 1 year later...

This definitely caught my emotions quickly. The nay was perfect for this remix. A lot of the remixes I hear on OCR could most definitely be in a movie and it's sad that I may never hear any from this site. I wish it were different. (No that wasn't an insult, there's more talent on here than the "stars" nowadays. And even when there was lots of talent this would definitely be good competition. I hate how people are so prejudiced against game music. Half of the reason for my inspiration to be a music producer derives on gaming music. People put heart and soul into a lot of it.)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00756 - Silent Hill "Nay Tomorrow"