Tribute to Game Music Album - Featuring the Infamous "Invertebrate Retreat"!

SwordBreaker

http://www.gamemusiccentral.com/music/

I remember reading something in the press section of OCR about Invertebrate Retreat being featured in an Earthworm Jim album. Well, now we'll have to congratulate Daniel Baranowsky, Vigilante, and Zyko once again 'cause this song is also featured in the new album appropriately named "The Best of the Best: A Tribute to Game Music" from the link above! Awesome.

Hmm...the song has an added "Subterranean Remix" in its title. Tommy possibly remixed it or something...even though I didn't notice anything different from the preview version. Speaking of that, there seems to be some really cool remixes in this album. I'm intrigued.

Anyway, this is really cool news. Again, congrats to OCR and the dudes who made this awesome ReMix. One of my favorites. I just hope Tommy at least gives credit to you guys in some way. :)

Well, going by how he was when he visited the forums and how he was when he worked with Mazedude, I would think that he would credit anyone that does his work justice. He isn't a credit hog nor is he one that would not credit one for their work.

He is too much of a cool guy to do that. For him to suddenly not give credit to other peeps works that he openly recognized at one point in time is just odd.

Ha my one ambition in life is to have, whenever it's rumoured I've done something bad, someone pipe up and say I'm "too much of a cool guy to do that". Though the word 'dude' would be preferred. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how professional's remixes compare with the communities. I know Jeremy Soule's was matched and surpassed by some community members here (that's not to say he isn't still the better musician for coming up with the original stuff he did)

Oh and I hope too that that's actually a different track on the Cd from the one on here.

Well, going by how he was when he visited the forums and how he was when he worked with Mazedude, I would think that he would credit anyone that does his work justice. He isn't a credit hog nor is he one that would not credit one for their work.

He is too much of a cool guy to do that. For him to suddenly not give credit to other peeps works that he openly recognized at one point in time is just odd.

If this is so, then I would recommend contacting him and asking him about it.

At this point in time, it appears to be an unfortunate decision, perhaps not entirely intentional, on the part of whomever was putting together the album for Tommy. My understanding is that little to no paperwork/signing went on when Dan and others contributed their efforts for the EWJ album and this album as well. I find it confusing that some arrangers would be directly credited and others not, and am disappointed not to see Dan's name in the spotlights, where it belongs given the amount of effort & time he poured into the track, but I'm not prepared to make assumptions about intentions.

Mazedude, Mustin, Dan, and other relevant individuals are aware of this issue and looking into it. Until we hear otherwise, directly from them or from Tommy himself, it makes sense to chill.

As a sidenote, this underscores the importance of a policy like the one we've been working on, to clarify exactly who can do what with what, etc.

At this point in time, it appears to be an unfortunate decision, perhaps not entirely intentional, on the part of whomever was putting together the album for Tommy. My understanding is that little to no paperwork/signing went on when Dan and others contributed their efforts for the EWJ album and this album as well. I find it confusing that some arrangers would be directly credited and others not, and am disappointed not to see Dan's name in the spotlights, where it belongs given the amount of effort & time he poured into the track, but I'm not prepared to make assumptions about intentions.

Mazedude, Mustin, Dan, and other relevant individuals are aware of this issue and looking into it. Until we hear otherwise, directly from them or from Tommy himself, it makes sense to chill.

As a sidenote, this underscores the importance of a policy like the one we've been working on, to clarify exactly who can do what with what, etc.

We should ask Tommy in person at VGL.

I have talked to someone who owns the album. Here is exactly what it says:

(BACK COVER)

1. Invertebrate Retreat (Subterranean Remix) (Inspired by Earthworm Jim 2) Artist: Tommy Tallarico and Daniel Baranowsky

(LINER NOTES - INSIDE)

1. Invertebrate Retreat (Subterranean Remix) (Inspired by Earthworm Jim 2)

(Tommy Tallarico)

<c> 2006 Tallarico Publishing

<p> Tommy Tallarico Studios, Inc.

Vocals by Daniel Baranowsky

Guitars by Vig, Rap by Waleed Hawatky

Artist: Tommy Tallarico and Daniel Baranowsky

---