Chrono Trigger - Judgement Tango (v2.6)

Well, unfortunately, I can be pretty short about this one: The arrangement is basically a midi-rip, with maybe one added counter-melody (during the second half) that wasn't in the original.

Also, I miss any kind of drive or lower-end behind this; while the original was a classical piece, this synthy cover IMO needs some drums and a steady bassline, which would go a long way to make it your 'own' remix, and not just a midi-rip.

Finally, the whole mix sounds kind of dry, and some reverb would definitely go a long way filling in the now empty soundspace.

Actually it's more "arrangement" than remix, which is why it's pretty close to the original (which was full midi orchestra anyway). And I've only just started messing with it and I thought it sounded kinda neat, so thought I'd share. When I have a chance (hopefully soon) I'll add to it with more beat and ambience in the back, and change up the opening a bit more.

If you want to hear the original too I can post that on the site. Thanks for the info, though.

BTW- it is mp3. If it's not letting you download, I'll have to look into it...

Edit: sorry my bad. Looks like the site didn't update the download link. Should be up soon.

Personally I dont think it sounds bad however it is very midi.

Reminds me kinda of the Gremlins title theme... or atleast how synth/ midi it sounds in various portions.

Its not a bad variation.

I'm just a listener.

I am crazing a 'lil more meat and substance however...

Yeah.... I know. Now that I got a few of the jam packs for garageband it'll be a lot easier, though with school and work and being sick laziness has been thrust upon me. Should be updated in the next week or two at the latest....

(I know I keep saying that but hey, being sick sucks. Meantime, enjoy the new original I added to the site.)

If your trying to make a tango the sound set is going to have to change. It needs strings and horns. Right now its sounding like a techno remix and needs some more variation. They are points when the tension is good. You should add some contrast in your dynamics, a new sound set. Just a few suggestions.

I'd agree with the above. Most of the time (before building up tension in the 3/4 parts), it sounds sparse and empty. All your synths are sounding thin. I say take it back with piano and violin like you originally intended to, or find a way to integrate those with your synth set.

Sadly I'm not (though I'd like to be...). My wife really wants to visit again.

Anyway, thanks guys for the comments. A lot more feedback this time than the last time I posted it. Speaking of which, if you want I can add the original Finale midi thing I used if you want to hear it. Eventually, anyway.

An idea comes to mind, though. I've also been thinking about actually adding a live touch to it and playing the violin part. Just a spur of the moment thought, but it might work and then I'd only have to tweek the harmony/backups. What do you think?