Defence of the Ancients

eternal Zero

I checked around and saw that the old DotA thread was long gone. So does anyone play? I bunch of my friends and I started this past year and we're at the point where we want to start joining leagues and getting into competitive play. For those that don't know, DotA is a WCIII mod that is actually part of the CAL lineup. We don't use Bnet for a multitude of reasons and have turned to GG Client.

So yea, if anyone wants to test their mettle, I go by the name antigrav and am usually hosting games in the European rooms. When my IRL friends are around we play in the high level rooms, but otherwise just the ones that look full.

yeah, i play dota with a group of about a dozen people in my town, some of the people are really good. im not bad but im not that great either. where i live it's impossible to play on the internet outside of town without about 2 seconds of lag, but we have lan parties for just dota all the time

in fact i think im going to one tonight

I was honestly expecting OCR kids to play DotA with since when I play with my RL friends on GG there is no more challenge except for the rare occasion where we end up playing against a member of a pro team like the one time we played against Freezer from TeG.

Anywho, what heroes do you end up playing? It'll be kind of hard to gauge if you're only a pubbie and don't really care for the team aspect of the game, but because I intend to go an compete, I think that gives me a different mindset on each character. I usually take a solo lane with my friends as PotM or Tinker, but I'm never opposed to dual lane when I'm Mercurial. Now this may come as a shock to the pubbies, but a triple lane when I'm Lina or Lesh is just amazing. If you've never seen/heard of it, I validate it with this: First Blood in a mere 10 seconds after creeps converge.