request for suggestions - oriental based themes

Prasa_U.

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest that you listen to the elevator music from Level 3 of Midway's Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy. Of course, the same music is used for all the bonus levels and training.

The song itself is a cover of the game's main theme, a song performed by Cold. Although, there may be an outcry of copyright issues and all, the song was actually composed for the game by the game's composer/sound producer, Vince Pontarelli.

The music takes the main theme, which is very harsh and grating, and creates a much more subdued, lush, yet emotive instrumental. I find the arrangement itself to be wonderful, but the gimick of making it sound like it's coming from an elevator speaker detracts from the experience. I've got to get around to actually ripping/recording the music from the game sometime soon.

Definitely check out the Nobunaga's Ambition series as well... I was introduced to it in this very requests section around 2 years ago and it's remained one of my favourites ever since;

Yoko Kanno, the same composer who worked on anime soundtracks like Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell and also the previously mentioned Uncharted Waters games.