OCR00769 - *YES* Zelda 2 'The Temple Revisited'

djpretzel

Not bad.. a little dull. Nice instruments. Doesn't really do anything too

terribly creative with the theme though. But I suppose it doesn't really

have to.

If I had just said this, I would not have followed it up with a yes. There is nothing in that sentence that would have made me want to post it on the main page. It's like if I cooked a batch of cookies, and they all came out burnt, and they stuck to the pan, and I had added too much salt so they tasted like crap, but I ate them based on the fact that they were cookies or something like that. It's like, if there's all of this stuff that's so "meh" or "blah" about it, why are you saying yes?

I don't know. Just seemed contradictory to me.

Anyway, I like the percussion in this. But I should probably hear the original... so I will...

Ok, yeah I hear very little different from the original, and looking back on my own stuff, perhaps I'm a hypocrite to say this, but I really see very little variety on the original, save the drums, which, once again, are cool. Plus the choice of sounds is about as blah as the original zelda 2 game soundtrack.

I say NO

DC

Interesting choices for percussion here - Definitely something different.

Though, doesn't stray far from the original. Never really builds anywhere, and the percussion doesn't have anything interesting happen with it - The same thing repeating over and over. The speedy crystal rhodes from 0:54 to 1:17 is pretty cool, though.

All in all, a YES - Definitely sounds like something that'd be tracked back in 1999. And the percussion is just totally different. Not anything conventional here.