OCR01586 - Shadow of the Colossus "Snowfall on Forbidden Lands"

Really quite excellent. Though I have to admit that when I saw SotC on the main page that I was hoping for a remix of a different track. Namely "Revived Power", a great track for confounding and beating Colossi :P But this track was quite epic. Hueger than XBOX, but I digress. The music and vocals were spot on and fit in nicely with the theme of SotC and the original piece. I can really see how people are comparing this with Sarah Brightman's work. Excellent job you two.

*edit* Hmmmm, well, I found out why I really love the music in SotC. Looking about, it seems that most, if not all of it was done by Kou Outani, whose work in anime/games/etc I've always loved. There's still a bit of that style in this mix, but I like the direction it went.

This is an AMAZING song, I congratulate you on a job very well done...I post infrequently, but I was moved to let you know that I've had this on repeat on and off for several days now, and it's even inspired me to pick up SotC again and try my hand at hard mode. This definitely deserves a spot in my OCR top ten...great work!!

Never played the game but I've heard good things about it's music. After hearing this I'll probably get the game or atleast track down the OST. The whole song was great but 3:25 - 3:50 was particularly epic.

Don't know if vocals were meant to sound slightly asian, but I thought they did and added to the atmosphere because it. Sexy.

The vocals blend in so well that I didn't really realize they were there the first time I listened to the song (or maybe it was just too late...ahem).

Very epic feeling this song has to it. It's almost 5 minutes long, but despite not having anything resembling a "usual" buildup and climax, it never gets stale/boring. Which shows how well the arrangement was done. Good job.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Love the ethereal, otherworldly mood this track creates; it's bloody amazing. It reminds me a bit of the piece that plays when a colossus has fallen. Closing my eyes while listening to this, I can imagine the sealed land in SotC covered in snowfall-it's got to be quite a sight.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

One of my favorite tracks from this entire site. it also alerted me to the wonders of having nice headphones. This happened to be the first peice of music i listened to after acquiring some nice sennheiser earbuds. i could not stop listening! i still listen to this very frequently, nearly a year later! we need more shadow of the colossus remixes too. just saying. good job !

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01586 - Shadow of the Colossus "Snowfall on Forbidden Lands"