OCR01587 - Chrono Trigger "Dignity Ark"

djpretzel

Like the accoustic guitar... nice sitar patch, and I can hear the choir trying to recreate the feel in the original. Percussion is not that bad; I can hear the Indian Tabla influence... nice suggestion, concidering that even in the original a sitar patch is used.

This guitarist is on top of it! It sounds as though it COULD be a patch. If it is, it's a very good patch indeed. If it isn't, kudos to the guitarist.

Nice mixture of Zeal's theme as well as the title prologue. (or is it epilogue? I forget what you call that story bit at the beginning of every RPG game...) A real violin would have been better, but you gotta work with what you have, right?

Kudos. Over all a wonderful remix.

I thought the Sitar was what mostly made the song so great and different from other remixes of the same song. The guitar does sound disturbingly real though.

The violin was the only negative, but thats because it was a little exposed and in the same song as extremely quality samples.

Nice atmospheric beginning. Could have had a little more reverb with the vibraphone but works. I think its a little heavy on the hand percussion but still fits. Guitar solo is nice. When you add in the Violin it could have used a bit more soulfulness but nice effect anyway. The last section is extremely good between the Sitar and Violin. Good Job.

Yes! This is why I listen to OCREMIX and have been for the last six years. These kind of melodic hauntingly beautiful pieces that could've been in games themselves are what remixes are all about. This is just a reminder of how brilliant the original piece is and how with a little arranging it can become better.

My only complaint is that it's very similar to what Mitsuda himself did to this theme in Chrono Cross, but then is that really a complaint? Geez, that's more like a compliment!

EDIT: And actually, as I take multiple listens, I'm seeing huge differences between the two, and only good things in the similarity.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...

This has a unique exotic flair and such a different aural texture from the status quo. Listening to this takes me to somewhere mystic, like the Silk Road, with promises of intrige, adventure, and wonder. One can almost tangibly feel the silky flowiness of that's so prominent throughout the track.

I honestly wish there were more mixes like this out there.

This mix comes with high reccomendations because this is so unique that you will most likely never hear anything else like this again.

• 5 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01587 - Chrono Trigger "Dignity Ark"