OCR00761 - Mega Man 2 "The Tallest Building"

orkybash

Mega Man 2 'The Tallest Building'

Do I hear an intro inspired by the Preylude? =P (That's Mustin's Prelude on PMM for those of you who aren't in the know ^^) Intentional or not, it works well here, and it's nice to hear some stuff from starla that isn't pure Chiptune. It quickly turns into he patented analogue style, though, and is actually by far my favorite song she's done in that style. So yeah, get it.

Ok, I'm not sure about your theory here Starla, but the overall effect is great. And is that a bit of woodman and airman included in the mix??? IS IT?!? Because it sure as hell sounds like it. So sneaky. You are the sneakiest evar.

Anyway, a nice sound coming from this whole mix. I love the twinkly arpeggios that dot the "woodman sections" (as I'll call them), and the funky bass in the airman sections. Though those two themes are similar, so I may be hearing them as two different sections despite the fact that they're both the same. Anyway great job overall. Can't wait to hear more. MORE!

DC

I was listening to this in it's beta-stages...

It was good then.

It's better now.

The whole song is fantastic. Great work Starla!

And to DiscoDan: Yes, there is a few very sneaky samples from the woodman theme ( around 1'54 I think) and the Airman theme ( around 2'15 )...

Sneaky.

Great work. Keep it up!

//Solarus

w00t!!

I looove the intro. It's so beautiful. The way it builds to something completely different is amazing. The techno part is very dancy, yet atmospheric as well; it's very enjoyable. The little breaks into sub-themes from other stages of Megaman 2 are amazing. Megaman 2 was one of my AlL-tImE-fAvoRiTE NES games, and this tune reminds me of the great times I had with that game.

*applauds

Yay, Starla!!

:D:D:D:D

10/10

I have to admit i wasnt too impressed with most remixes done by injury.

Until this one. Wow she really has improved! NOTE 1:48. WOW you GO girl!

I was also feeling the bass solo. The bass chosen rattled my speakers. Thats what i like.

Ok i like 3:12 even though it may sound out of place a little. Shows remixing flavor.

All in all, i like this track. and i think injury is getting better! ;)

I only had to listen for not even four measures to tell it was going to be great. And as i am still listening to it, im still finding it great... WHOAH! that was a very very nice twist... soft piano symphonic to the usual (but exceptionally done) mega man techno. Wow, this is magic. Plus the egyptianish sounding part at the third melody shift. This is simply amazing.

• 5 weeks later...

Starla (or injury, I like starla :) ) Created A Kickass remix of my Fav Mega man intro and its the best one out of everyone else! Her past songs were ok but she has greatly improved with this one!

Score! 10/10

plus the mega man teleport bit at the very end ways really cute! Keep up the good work Starla! :wink:

• 8 months later...

Ok, let's see here...

First off, I'd like to say Hello, everybody, I'm new to the whole "getting old NES game music remix" world. And now -

I have two versions of the MM2 intro remix. This one by Injury, and the other one called "Opening Distraught" by Penopticon. I find Injury's remix so much more appealing, since it includes the "scaling the building" music and the teleporting sequence, as it is in the original soundtrack.

The thing I like about the intro scaling music Injury remixed is that it sounds innocent, in a way, and when it finishes, it goes into a really upbeat, fast movement. Once it reaches the end, and I hear the teleporting sequence go, that just takes me into "nostalgia" land. This remix actually makes me want to pull out my cartridge of MM2 and play it right away (and hook up those old NES RF adapters? I think NOT!)

So, I just play this song, including several other Mega Man remixes, over and over while I surf the net.

Comparing with "Opening Distraught"(OD) - Well, My first impression of "Opening Distraught" was "cool title". Then, as the remix started up, I thought "Where's the volume?" I thought it was pretty good, however. Anyway, when I DL'd "The Tallest Building" (TTB), I had to play both, one after the other (usually kept OD before TTB on the playlist.) Just tonight I've made my choice to keep TTB in my playlist, due to reasons I stated in the above review of it.

Great remix, Injury! Keep up the good work, I hope to see more rockin' remixes from you.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Ok, let's see here...

I have two versions of the MM2 intro remix. This one by Injury, and the other one called "Opening Distraught" by Penopticon. I find Injury's remix so much more appealing, since it includes the "scaling the building" music and the teleporting sequence, as it is in the original soundtrack.

The thing I like about the intro scaling music Injury remixed is that it sounds innocent, in a way, and when it finishes, it goes into a really upbeat, fast movement. Once it reaches the end, and I hear the teleporting sequence go, that just takes me into "nostalgia" land. This remix actually makes me want to pull out my cartridge of MM2 and play it right away (and hook up those old NES RF adapters? I think NOT!)

Great remix, Injury! Keep up the good work, I hope to see more rockin' remixes from you.

That's what I would like to say, x-cept that I did not listen to "Opening Distraught" yet

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh god, this remix is so figgin great! this is most likely the best I've heard from this entire site. Way to go, Starla! I'm about 90% on my statement too (theres some really great mario rpg songs out there and Yoshi's Island Yoshi's Rag is quite catchy), and I have a hard time picking favorites. So you know you're really cooking when i can almost fully-mindedly say you're the best.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

From low to max, very interesting. I´ve listened to this one before, my brother had downloaded it before me, and this remix was awesome. It hasn´t change a bit, going from calm pianoprelude to kick ass techno arrangement.

And about that part between 2:14 and 3:12, was that still the same track?

And is that a bit of woodman and airman included in the mix??? IS IT?!?

I´m starting to think so. There may be a few similarities, but meh. Great remix Injury! :D

• 3 months later...

damn, and how long has it been since someone posted about this song? lol, my bad yall. anyways, damn starla, everything about this song screams perfection on this. like so many of the OCRers on here said, the intro was like, WTF? this is crazy, but then again it matches what the game starts out with. and then when it hits the techno beat, fuck, man. i couldnt belive how catchy it is. the tempo was just right for a high paced, non stop action sort of game. i will say this, IF there is a MegaMan Movie #2 based on MegaMan 2, this should b the opening intro (but only if the movie was animated). but of course it should be extended for studio purposes and credits. but damn girl, this song rocks. i have this as my first in my MP3 Player and i rock out to it as often as i possibly can. it would b a great addition to the MegaMan soundtrack for the movie. can i get an AMEN my fellow OCRs??

• 3 years later...

Lately I've been rousting through my remix files doing quick reviews on old favorites that I haven't commented on or feel they are so good they deserve an additional comment, and I stumbled upon this one. A surprisingly unique take on the title theme to MegaMan2. I like it, very fast paced. Something that would be great to ride bikes too or work out to. When I used to work construction I would always throw this one on my playlist. Good job.

Gotta love the death tone at the end. (Or is that the continue sound? I can't remember.)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00761 - Mega Man 2 "The Tallest Building"