SaveEnterprise - 2007 Campaign

Kyle Nin

Does anyone want to see Star Trek: Enterprise return? Then you'll want to be a part of the SaveEnterprise campaign going on right now.

Click on any of the following links for details and news about the 2007 SaveEnterprise Campaign:

http://www.myspace.com/saveenterprise

http://www.trekunited.com/

http://www.trekunited.com/community/index.php?showforum=104

The first link above takes you to the SaveEnterprise MySpace website. There you can see updates to the campaign as well as watch the trailers and videos created for the campaign.

The second link above takes you to the website for TrekUnited, which some of you may remember was the organization that tried to get Enterprise renewed when the last few Season 4 episodes were being aired, two years ago.

The third link above takes you to the SaveEnterprise forum in the TrekUnited forum site. Here you can browse through the four sub-forums: Active SaveEnterprise Projects, Project Ideas, Past TrekUnited & SaveEnterprise Events, and SaveEnterprise Archives. There are also several topic threads that don't fit into those four sub-forums.

Although the campaign is moving to get Enterprise back on TV, whether on the Sci-Fi Channel or elsewhere, the main goal is to get Enterprise back through a series of direct-to-DVD episodes or movies, in about the same way that the sci-fi hit series Stargate SG-1 is going after its 10th season is over.

So, if you're interested in getting Star Trek: Enterprise back, check out the SaveEnterprise campaign. It doesn't hurt just to take a look.

BTW, the Sci-Fi Channel is currently airing Enterprise on Mondays, if you'd like to catch a glimpse of what you're missing, if you've never watched.

I actually dunno where they would go with the show after that episode, even if it suddenly got renewed.

They were going to keep moving forward with the whole alliance thing that came about at the end of "Terra Prime" and then show the growing hostilities of the Romulans. According to Star Trek "history", the war between Earth and the Romulans happens sometime after "Terra Prime" (2155), but about a year before when the Federation was created (2160). So, somewhere within that five-year time period is when the war happens. I don't think that the war would have started in Season 5, but there would have been signs that it was on the horizon.

And then, of course, there would have been other stories that would only be subtly related to the overall arc of the season. Basically, you'd be getting more of what you saw in Season 4, which certainly isn't a bad thing.

Oh, and Commander Shran (the Andorian) was supposed to become a main character and actually join the Enterprise crew, as an ambassador.

ALSO, be sure to sign the Star Trek: Enterprise petition (http://new.petitiononline.com/STENTDVD/petition.html). It's probably the easiest thing you can do to help.

So far, there have been over 16,000 signatures. The Enterprise petition will be sent to Paramount Pictures in two months as part of a campaign package. So if you plan on adding your name, do it soon.

I hate to say it, but enterprise was pretty much the same episode over and over and over again. The captain gets kidnapped, the crew has to rescue him. Travis gets kidnapped, the crew has to rescue him. Two people are kidnapped, the crew's gotta save them. Space nazis go back in time to destroy the united states. The captain gets captured by them, too - the crew has to save him again.

Voyager was a lot better. Or even stargate. Or even the 50's space horror genre. At least then it was zombie mutant space communists.

ALSO, be sure to sign the Star Trek: Enterprise petition (http://new.petitiononline.com/STENTDVD/petition.html). It's probably the easiest thing you can do to help.

So far, there have been over 16,000 signatures. The Enterprise petition will be sent to Paramount Pictures in two months as part of a campaign package. So if you plan on adding your name, do it soon.

Yeah, because anonymous online petitions really change things. :roll:

It was a mediocre series that only had a few highlights here and there. The crew was cookie-cutter (did anyone else think that the helmsmen was based upon the Wesley Crusher-parody from Galaxy Quest?), the stories were mostly Archer bitching about the Vulcans, and everyone behaved like they had a warp coil up their ass.

Sorry, but the first few seasons of Stargate SG1 were better.

I'm actually quite surprised Enterprise has so much support. I always thought the Trekkies hated it.

And maybe thats why I love it. I'm by no means a Star Trek fan, but damn if that wasn't good TV. Its the only sci-fi series to come close to the awesome of Battlestar Galactica.

If you're not a Trekkie, I encourage you to check it out. And if you are, Archer is a badass and you know it. Please, all previous captains were restrained by the Prime Directive. Archer threw a dude in an airlock and sucked out all the oxygen in season 3 as a method of torture to get information.

Thats pretty hardcore.

Let's bring back Firefly while we're at it.

They already did that, in the form of the movie Serenity.

You tend to remember the good ones. Most Trekkies can tell you the names of their favorite episodes. And who doesn't know about "The Trouble with Tribbles"? ;)

Which, for me, is most of Season 3 and all of Season 4 (except for the finale, that stunk).

Where do I sign up for the "Erase Enterprise from Existence" campaign?

I tried to watch it when it was actually airing, and I simply could not. Now that it's on SciFi every Monday I have spent the last few months suffering through every miserable episode hoping blood won't randomly spurt out of my orifices as the spirit of Rodenberry punishes me for even watching the show that having now seen almost all of it I can officially say is that bad.

Where do I sign up for the "Erase Enterprise from Existence" campaign?

I tried to watch it when it was actually airing, and I simply could not. Now that it's on SciFi every Monday I have spent the last few months suffering through every miserable episode hoping blood won't randomly spurt out of my orifices as the spirit of Rodenberry punishes me for even watching the show that having now seen almost all of it I can officially say is that bad.

You must not be watching the same episodes as me, because Season 4 was some of the best sci-fi TV ever. It's like I was watching a movie every week.

But maybe you gave up on the series too early and missed the last season?

Only thing that screamed awesome to me about enterprise was the space battles and "In the Mirror Darkly" episodes. Shame they only made two...

The plan was to have a continuation of the Mirror Universe storyline into Season 5 and on. But, obviously it was wishful thinking since the series was already announced to be cancelled before "In A Mirror, Darkly" even aired.

The story was continued, however, in the book Star Trek Mirror Universe: Glass Empires. But it would have been better on TV.