Perfect Combination - Tetris

DJ_ReFluX

Drums need to be layered a bit better on the lead ins to the large cymbal crashes. This is far too repetitive to be accepted on the site, and also fairly lo-fi. Both the lead and a the bouncing guitar part sound like they're from the bad side of the production tracks.

My advice: spruce up the guitar, work a little more on doing interesting things with the main melody and tweaking it's instrumentation.

You have a start.

I'm not sure where to start with this, so I'll just dive straight in.

There is just about zero intepretation here. Yes... its the Tetris... and its still the tetris tune... oh wait... is that bit at 2:00ish yours? If it is, add more stuff like that! interpret the source! Add your own chord progressions, play around with the melodies, stuff like that, kay?

While we are talking about the composition, it is way way way way way way too repiditive. VARY IT THE HELL UP. Imagine you are playing in front of an audience where they will punch you in the face if you repeat the melody without variation.

Onto production: Those synth guitars are.... well, very synth. Pretty terrible. Not sure if other synth guitars could do better though, so you might just want to swap 'em out with an energetic synth. Your drums samples also either suck, or you are using them wrong. Use a compressor on the drums to give them more punch, along with EQ, reverb, and maybe even just a touch of distortion to give them presence.

Once you do all that, the bass will probably sound tinny and weak, so you will have to do something about that too... but you can cross that bridge as you burn it. Or something.

PS: If you have trouble thinking about how you can interpret the piece, set it aside, and start work on something original. often this gives me the missing piece I need to fix whatever I'm currently on. Don't foget that you always improve with practice, and its important to practice both remixing and writing your own stuff... even if it sucks, you should learn something from it. kay? ^_^

The ReMix right now is mostly just a refurbishing of the source material. Add some of yourself into it. Try messing with the rhythm, change the repetitive harmonies, maybe even have a section where the melody changes to a minor key. Try making a few counter melodies and please break up the main theme a bit more. Its incredibly repetitive.

Intro - It's very minimalistic at first, but then the way the background comes in...it's kind of shocking, but still a cool choice.

Early - Close to the original, but well organized and good choice of synths.

1:00 - Still sounds a lot like the original song. But a little later through, the support synths that come in are a nice choice.

2:00 - Rock riffs that start shortly in are awesome, sound almost Arabic rather than Russian as the original did. The synths riffs following are great also, and the segue back into the original motif is well executed.

3:00 - Start of the outro, nicely built down. The finale itself was sort of abrupt though, I'd try to do something more with it. Maybe after that big hit at the end, have just the bass doing a single deep A note for a while, as the main melody plays on a soft quick pulse instrument and slowly fades out. That seems like a better choice IMO.

Good work, overall. Needs some polishing, more variation (esp. in the drums), and a little personality, but it's a great start on the whole.

The source theme's powerful, and give you a lot to work with. Good luck finishing this up! ^_^

Sounds pretty good, the start after the intro is a little blaring, you should try to give it a slight fade in, like an envelope or something. I like it when the solo comes in, but you need to do something with the drums there, as well as add a little variation throughout the song (in the drums).