Legend of Dragoon - Shana's Theme

Eiyoko

First of all, LOVE the source material--anything by Dennis Martin is instant win.

And your take on it is actually very good. I just think first of all you should put the melody on a stronger bellish pad thing. And there should be a defined bassline, and maybe a bridge at some point...and the drums could use some more variation.

Maybe you could also incorporate another LoD theme into it--Prairie, Ancient Fable, or one of the town themes are decent choices.

All in all, this is a good start. It just needs more personality, but I think you can do it. Don't give up on this, it's a great track and could be WORLDS better with some attention to detail.

It's been a while since I've been on this forum...but the LOD name caught my eye. Let's see what we have here...

I love the concept and the blend, but I don't like the triplets on the string pad at all. To me, it just doesn't flow well that way.

With the bell melody, I like the way it is, but maybe later on if you double it with a different sound to bring it out more, it'd flow better.

I do not like the synths at 1:30. The first one is too clunky and hollow, and the other is too brassy (is it a synth brass pad?)...and doesn't flow.

All in all you need to create a more soundscape-y atmosphere. Add more low pads, more rich mids too around the 1:30 mark to add more interest. Maybe through in some ethnic percussion to keep it flowing.

It also seemed to stay pretty close to the original..which isn't a bad thing necessarily, but maybe if you add your own counterpoint with some other synths it would retain interest better, too. (not saying it's boring, but it stays around the same level for pretty much the whole song).

Good Luck! ^_^

I could have sworn the beginning was "In the Air Tonight" by Phil Collins, but besides the need to update the instruments, the cymbals throughout the song got really old. Maybe try switching up the tempo or incorporating other ethnic percussion as mentioned earlier.