sky sanctuary rock

one of my favorite songs in the sonic series is sky sanctuary. I never found a rock version of this song so I decided to make one!

at least for now, all of the guitars are made from a very good soundfont + guitar rig 2. I might re-do all of the giutars with my real guitar but I think they sound pretty good already. one thing Im not too sure about is the drums. all but the snare drum uses fl studio defalts sounds. right now the drums have the origional beat. Im thinking of changing the beat around so the song has a bit more of a catchy feel to it.

what do you guys think of it so far?

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/ppgr/sky-sanctuary-rock-edit1

Well, "good" is not what I'd call the guitar sample: It's still noticeably synthetic, and doesn't sound natural. It doesn't sound horrible, but it could really be a lot better.

As for the arrangement itself, you play out the original pretty much verbatim. I agree the original is a great song, but if you plan on submitting this, it might be worthwhile to look more into the arrangement and mix it up a bit. Add in a solo or something. :-)

The guitar is better than a lot of synth guitars I've heard, but still sounds too fake to me, the backing guitars especially. It seems too mechanical as well, so hopefully a live performance would alleviate this.

I would comment on the re-arrangement, but there's hardly any. As it is right now, it's essentially a cover. To make things worse, after the halfway point, it just repeats the same thing over again. Like Kyle suggested, add in a solo, and / or some other original material.

The drum track seems really repetitive; for the majority of the song, it seems to be playing the same thing over and over. It might help to increase the levels on this as well.

In my opinion, the tempo is kinda slow for the style you seem to be going for. Try bumping it up a bit.

yeah I was planning on putting in a solo. its kind of hard to make one with the origional feel of the song. I really want to change the drums though. they feel so boring. I knew you guys wouldnt like the part that it repeats at the halfway point. right now its sort of a cheated way to extend the song. I'll post another version when I have some decent sounding percussion. I would do a live preformance with my friend who is an amazing drummer. the only problem is that I dont have a good quality mic. maybe in the final version everything will be played live.

I would do a live preformance with my friend who is an amazing drummer. the only problem is that I dont have a good quality mic. maybe in the final version everything will be played live.

Perhaps you could get a quality audio interface. I've seen them for around $80 at Sam Ash. Shouldn't be hard to get the money.

EDIT: I like your drum samples, but the beat needs to be redone IMO.