OCR01589 - God of War (PS2) "Minotaur Nightmares"

djpretzel

Oh man! I'm seriously diggin' this one, Maze. I can clearly see the people dancing in the chromatically illuminated halls of Prince Prospero as the Mask of the Red Death moves through the crowd from out of the scarlet and black velvet room.

This one is definitely gaining a place in my Halloween playlist this year!

Rock on man, I've been a fan of yours since I heard those crazy old school tracker sounding Doom Remixes of yours. I like all of your work for different reasons, but these wicked industrial type mixes really hits the spot for me.

You don't ever hear main stream stuff sound like this and it's a damn shame. But dude, it's awesome to hear new mixes from you and a major props on the whole marriage thing :). Good stuff man.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Never got around to commenting on this one when it first came out, my initial impressions were that it was skillfully arranged but a little too creepy for me, but after a year or so of listening, the screams and such aren't quite as scary to me, and I can appreciate the excellent music. It still has a very menacing feel to it, but it's not as unnerving.

Beats are great, and the synth leads are well chosen and varied. This is a really busy piece in the high end, and it's somewhat overwhelming at first, but give it a few listens, it really grows on you. Just be sure to check under the bed before going to sleep. ;-)

• 1 year later...

I love this, my favorite Mazedude track to date.

When the first bell tolls, you can just tell this is going to be menacing right off the bat, and this piece delivers in spades. Heavy beats, absolutely demonic synths and the screams pull together this hell-raising piece :twisted:.

A killer track by Mazedude. Just don't listen to this before you go to bed.

If you do, just imagine Kratos swooping in and viciously killing everything. :<

• 2 months later...

I had hit play and went back to writing a paper and moments later I look up: "What the Nazgûl??" I had to double check what game this was from lol. I love the low repeating tone, like an intruder alarm. Makes me think of base under attack from Nazgûl ^_^

• 1 year later...

Oh, god, that distorted bell gong is sooo good! I'm so glad you both opened and ended the ReMix with them. The whole thing plays out like a scene into what hell looks like if you were to look at it through a window. Industrial Waltz seems to be perfectly demented for this sort of music. The hellish SFX were impressive and fit the ReMix perfectly. Amazing work with the organ as well Dark, demonic and I love every bit of it. This is my kind of ReMix and completely recommended.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01589 - God of War (PS2) "Minotaur Nightmares"