OCR00059 - Banana "Slumber Party"

Banana 'Slumber Party'

I have no idea what this game is about or why it's called "Banana" but I really dig this remix of it! It's extremely fun to listen to. I like music that is good (I know... I'm a dying breed) so I really like the melody here and also the energy that kicks in. My only complaint would be that it is too short. But it does hold up well to repeated listenings. Sounds cool and I heartily recommend everyone give it a try... it's small so you might as well.

• 2 months later...

Why this mix brings up thoughts of fat people for DJP is beyond me...anyways, this song rocks. Very peppy, and mucho fun to listen to. Something good to listen to if you had a bad day...or something to listen to to make a good day better. Very reccomended.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Well it appears I have no soul. Annoying sound effects and decent if uninspired straight-ahead beat. Thankfully it's pretty short.

There are some decent components of this, like the counterpoint is nice, and the loop used for the beat is pretty punchy. Nice uses of panning too, but things are very repetitive, and there is only an 'A' section to speak of. The melody drops out for a moment, but nothing happens in that time to change things up. The ending was pretty weak too.

Though I can't recommend this song, keeping it around for posterity is pretty cool. It makes me appreciate the growth that has occurred.

• 1 year later...

I would never call this mix strong, nor a promising sign of what OverClocked Remix would become. However, I have to say that its attitude and disregard for ambition (whether intentional or not) results in something that is EXTREMELY listenable and replayable. This is basically musical confectionary. Not exactly good for us, but its fun, colourful, sweet and most of all makes us smile. And there's nothing wrong with that.

• 2 years later...

Forget these haters. What this track lacks in bells and whistles, it makes up for in fun. Mattias understands that, unlike these other dum-dums. :lol: It's straightforward (and by now, dated), but it's also infectiously happy and groovy. Anyone saying otherwise has a cold, unfeeling heart. :-P

I also don't agree at all that this mix isn't "a promising sign of what OverClocked Remix would become." Along with several other earlier tracks, djp's posting of this set a precedent where we don't have bias against any game music being represented, no matter how obscure. That is what we call brilliant.

Sounds like something out of the background to a kids show. Fun and happy and a little bouncy. It's not a mind-blowing ReMix at all, but it's fun to listen to and it's really hard to hate on. A little on the short side, but that fine with something like this, where all you need is to get the idea, which you get fairly quickly.

• 3 years later...

This is really odd. I think I like it. Its a bit repetitive and old-fashioned but I still kind of dig it. If this exact song was a weird track in a SNES game I would be 100% down with it. As it stands... sure there are ways to have it sound better, and it's frankly way too short and unstructured to be much more than a loop or a doodle, but all the same there's something I appreciate about this weird little song. Weeeee

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00059 - Banana "Slumber Party"