Valkyrie Profile- Fighting The Shadow Gods

Bob Taylon

Hello. I'm new to this site. I'm not that good at remixing material, so I've decided.. well to get better. This is my attempt at Fighting The Shadow Gods from Valkyrie Profile. It's not at all done, but I just wanted to see if I'm getting anywhere with this. Oh, I also realize I don't have the greatest soundfonts.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=634028&songID=5474503

Finally, a Valkyrie Profile remix! One of the best and most under-appreciated soundtracks ever and so far nothing for OC Remix.

Anyway, I like the direction you've taken with this. It sounds more like something from Final Fantasy Tactics...a march, orchestral version of the original. The intro is really cool...nice re-interpretation up to the first 40 seconds. The rest of the remix, however, sounds really close to the original. I suggest to change-up the basic beat a bit so that it sounds less of a cover and more like a remix.

Keep at it. :)

It sounds more like something from Final Fantasy Tactics...

Yeah, you have no idea how much I get that when people listen to my pieces...

The section from 1:08 to 1:28, I dislike. I'm not sure what to do with it, but I don't want to take it out because it is part of the source material. I was thinking maybe a low-key interval with brass playing the melody; give it a sinister feel. Do you have any ideas on where I can get a good brass. The brass I'm using can't do the job I'm afraid.