OCR01591 - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess "Tattered Slippers"

djpretzel

Well, it's a DrakeSword mix, so arrangement and production quality are top notch. No need to comment on that.

I really love the atmospheric feel the song has to it. The melody takes you on a four-and-a-half minute journey that ends with the masterfully incorporated lullaby. Thanks to the fantastic choice of instruments, the song keeps you interested for the full time; there isn't any part that could make your thoughts wander away from the song.

Truly epic. Very nice work.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed with Passive Pretentiousness; this mix meanders. At first I thought it was spinning out a GrayLightning-esque reverie that would resolve, bit by bit, into an epic yet ethereal sense of serenity, harmony, and all those other Enya descriptors. Unfortunately I don't feel this mix goes anywhere, just glides around prettily but aimlessly. Thin Crust said, "Sets a mood, but doesn't do much else," and I agree. Perplexing, as I've heard much better from DS.

• 3 weeks later...

DarkeSword has just proven with this mix that it IS possible to make good songs from recent games even better. For me, it's just raised the bar in my mind because I had previously thought songs from recent games already sounded TOO good to be re-arranged.

Tattered Slippers, in short, is a wonderful and magnificent piece of work. I originally had never imagined Midna's Desperation to ever be played on something other than a piano (due to the original), but man, this mood of song just totally works out the instruments chosen.

Favorite part though? At around 1:57 where the mood takes a drastic change and man. Just plain awesome from there on. Good stuff man, recommended download for all.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Of course I love it, I just wish there were more Twilight Princess mixes, because it was an awesome soundtrack (particuarlly the music after you kill a boss. hint hint).

Ditto. I remember walking around the boss room after I've defeated him instead of picking up the piece of the Fused Shadow, just to listen to the song.

Also good job on the remix! My fav TLP remix so far! :nicework:

• 1 month later...

Songs often have an emotional effect, especially in my case. I find the mood that this song brought me was amazing, though my headset kinda ruins it with the major pain it's doing to my ears because it's too tight. *Joke* Anyway, I noticed a flute like sound in it. I personally love flutes in songs, and the piano (Or what I believe is a piano) is wonderful. Everything tied together.It brought such peace to my heart and soul, I could have just fallen into a wonderful sleep listening to it. Great work! Not to mention it has that sense of adventure which most Zelda fans love! 10/10!

• 5 months later...

i this piece didn't particularly stand out to me. But when I started waking up to it on one of my OCR CDs, I started to love it. Very well done. Perhaps the OST should've used an orchestral version like this instead of the mainly piano solo it does use

• 3 months later...

...so wonderfully hypnotic. I just hope there's no subliminal messages here. :<

I like this mix a lot. Imo, this > original. i.e. this is pretty much what the original should have been.

It's also wonderfully atmospheric; it falls right in line with Zelda motifs, a sense of loss and destiny, mournfulness, longing, purposefull.

Very good and worth downloading.

yes, master...

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

holy, Midna's Lament is honestly one of my favourite songs from Zelda: Twilight princess. When i first heard it, it gave me goosebumps and nearly made me tear.

This Remix brought me back to the first time I heard it. The goosebumps just popped right back up, and tears. I loved the feel and emotion that came from the horns at 1:58 followed by the main melody.

And the ending, adding in zelda's theme. That was a nice little add in to the end, considering what happened at the end of the task of saving midna in the game, throwing that it at the ending I found just tied the whole piece together.

This version absolutely moved me and it will be the first song on this site that i will download, and comment on.

Good job with this one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The production, and musical nuances in this song are great. I love the feel, similar to other DS remixes. My only gripe, is the fact that this version, doesn't have the same sadness as the original. The ending with Zelda's lullaby takes the mood further away from the original as well. I'm not saying it doesn't sound good, I just can't stand the change in feeling. Guess that's just how much I love the original. Great remix though.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01591 - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess "Tattered Slippers"