MEETUP: Los Angeles/So-Cal - July 21st

Trenthian

recap:

* the LA freeway system is as bad (see: worse) as advertised. i showed up sweaty, tired, and pissed off. luckily, everyone was pretty cool and affable, so i chilled out shortly.

* hell probably looks like the compound level from Goldeneye

* though I won't disclose who it was, I had my first sexual encounter with a hemophiliac this weekend. highly recommended.

* phtithyssishstssius needs to change his name back.

* paraphrased quote from analoq: "did you guys ever have your mom knock on the door and you're like 'go away...i'm synthesizing'"

* trenthian is a real sweet guy and a great host, despite only knowing about 60% of the mute city theme. yes, i tested him on this. he also owns a tenor recorder, which is sorta cool but mostly frightening.

* i still suck at smash bros.

* accompanying analoq as he sang the ff6 opera song through his talk box was an experience. i'm extremely happy that wasn't recorded, as it's going to be much more awesome in my memory then it was IRL.

* waleed, weed, and zyko are three persons within a person. kind of like the triune godhead. everyone should have the chance to meet them at some point.

* jamming is fun. goes without saying, but yeah that was cool.

* i need to fucking shave. wow.

* despite the laid back atmosphere, i still handed out a NO OVERRIDE to trenthian (for his next submission) and a NO, RESUBMIT to Unforgiving Edges/phithystsitysidfysifysdihis (as a person).

* i was able to find three different freeways that had been shut down to one lane on my drive home. that gave the day a nice bookended feel. (THERE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE TRAFFIC JAMS AT MIDNIGHT. GAHHH)

* chris roman finally explained to me what the "cumshot" was. the musical one, not the uh, real one. hmmmm, better move on.

* both goetse man and tubgirl made their way into casual conversation, sadly. the latter creeped in during dinner, which was gross.

* i did my best to prevent any "nice work" pictures or stuff like that, thereby keeping the meetup's geektitude at managable levels.

if i can think of anything else, i'll post again. suffice it to say, i had a good time. if you enjoy both music and video games, then don't think twice about attending your nearest meetup.

Courtesy of the most wonderful woman alive, without whom there is no chance that the meetup would have been so unanimously appreciated, whose idea it was that we eat at Bj's, and whose tireless commitment to learning the ways of the nerd allowed for us all to have a great time, and genuinely loved every one of our wonderful guests, I bring you http://john.trenthian.com/Files/Jam-session.avi (right-click save as) ((someone make a smaller version for the poor eople with dialup,))

Just a quick shot of the action taken from behind the scenes when she wasnt busy cleaning up or making sure there were fresh snacks, or being a tech ninja, and go get it girl with the master plan, or just basically making it so that we all can't wait until the next meetup.

Personally, Both she, and I thank you for coming, and helping us to have a great time, and chalk up another social victory for our community and its continued stride towards excellence of character and tl;dr.

Courtesy of the most wonderful woman alive, without whom there is no chance that the meetup would have been so unanimously appreciated, whose idea it was that we eat at Bj's, and whose tireless commitment to learning the ways of the nerd allowed for us all to have a great time, and genuinely loved every one of our wonderful guests, I bring you http://john.trenthian.com/Files/Jam-session.avi (right-click save as) ((someone make a smaller version for the poor eople with dialup,))

Just a quick shot of the action taken from behind the scenes when she wasnt busy cleaning up or making sure there were fresh snacks, or being a tech ninja, and go get it girl with the master plan, or just basically making it so that we all can't wait until the next meetup.

Personally, Both she, and I thank you for coming, and helping us to have a great time, and chalk up another social victory for our community and its continued stride towards excellence of character and tl;dr.

I can't remember if i got the chance to thank her. if i didn't, do it for me please.

Okay. To continue from the string of photos on the other page...

Before we went our separate ways, we got one last group photo. Obviously, I'm not in the photo... so just pretend I'm there! The backyard was super dark so without a tripod, this is the best I can manage.

Click here for 1024x768 Wallpaper of Group Photo

IMG_1332.jpg

With JJT starting the departure caravan, we said our farewells. Phthisis, Nicholas, Ivy, Zyko, myself, and a couple other of Trenthian's friends stayed behind for jacuzzi relaxation. It was relaxing until the drunken PPR started happening... which was half LOL, half awkward. Overall, the whole meet up was awesome.

Big Ups to...

-Trenthian for being my transportation to and from the airport back home. Also you were an awesome host and thanks for letting me crash on the floor. Also big ups to his lady for being awesome overall.

-Hemophiliac for being unstoppable at SF2. I was the closest one out of all of us to beat you, but still no dice. Also way to contribute to the jam session.

-analoq for "synthesizing" (LOL So-Cal inside joke), the Moog, voice box Final Fantasy VI Opera Scene on the fly, and "Stephen Hawking".

-JJT for the madness in the jam sessions. It was truly inspiring.

-Phthisis for the games and helping me represent 2/3 of Team E3.

-Nicholas for actually showing up this time.

-Ivy for coming down and meeting all of us. You were pretty quiet, but I hope you had a lot of fun!

-Zyko for being badass and your insightfulness about... certain topics... :)

-RichWilk and Star Fox for blending in with us. Also big-ups for bringing up Chocolate Rain. Welcome to OCR.

-Brian and/or Eric (?) for bringing the most impossible board game ever.

-The other ladies for making it not so much of a sausage-fest.

-My nips on the other page.

Boo to...

-No Pirate

-No Santa Barbara sunset

-No Mazedude

-No Mae

-Trenthian's cousin

-Live PPR, despite it being LOL for the most part.

Before the night ended, we checked on the two Slow People that Hemophiliac pit against each other earlier on in the day. They stopped fighting and made up by the end of the night.

IMG_1333.jpg

Fin.

Our discussion about Scientology was fucking hilarious, as well as quite epic. The "right side" table had some pretty awesome discussions, especially the ones me and Zyko had when we were talking 1 on 1 while everyone else were talking about different stuff.

Zyko is a deep man, man. Deep.

EDIT: Man, I could not do a proper smile at all with Zyko, JJT, and Trenthian's friend talking while taking the picture. I wanted to laugh my ass off so bad.

EDIT 2: Trenthian, you are the man. Thank you so much for hosting this shindig. It was extremely fun and worth the drive from sac down to your pad. We all had a great time and appreciate all the work that you and your wonderful female compadre did. To steal a quote from Analoq, "Cheers".

Crypsis. I had to blend in by faking it.

Also, I forgot to mention the funniest thing I heard yesterday: the best way to make a time loop is by xeroxing a mirror.

When JJT said that, all of us were just overtaken by it. Fucking awesome analogy.

Also, lol at GT with the pokemon. "Dude, I am like the buffest pokemon player ever. Watch, I am going to go one of those Poke'mon events and be like 'I want my pokemon please' and I just want to see the reaction of the lady there. If a kid gets in my way, I will be like 'Dont even try'"

Fucking hilarious.

Also major major props to d-lux. Even though I said it before, I should say it again. Playlist + fate having your message play at the perfect fucking time meaning when zyko just showing up is for the fucking win.

HAHA xeroxing a mirror.

i'm going to have to bribe jjt to the rights to said name as it has to title my next song.

nobody should miss these things.

fun as fuck despite not remembering the goldschlager stage, at all. who knows, had i not participated in that gut-tumbling god discussion, i might have avoided my eventual fate. or not.

but fun as all hell, this was

and i wasn' even stoned!!

i did my best to prevent any "nice work" pictures or stuff like that, thereby keeping the meetup's geektitude at managable levels.

There is no OCR without Nice Work! NONE! :(

-Trenthian for being my transportation to and from the airport back home. Also you were an awesome host and thanks for letting me crash on the floor. Also big ups to his lady for being awesome overall.

Boo to...

-No Pirate

-No Santa Barbara sunset

-No Mazedude

-No Mae

-Trenthian's cousin

-Live PPR, despite it being LOL for the most part.

I thought spending $27 for Greyhound and 3 city buses would have been too expensive. I'm sure that's nothing compared to your flight. I was planning on busing out there, and spending the night as well.

Thanks for my family calling me LAST MINUTE to babysit my cousin. Worst part is - my dad didn't even have to work Friday night, so I didn't have to babysit until last night. But since I was already here, I couldn't just get up and head to Greyhound to tell my 13 year old cousin I was going to go meet a bunch of strangers (and 5 people I already knew), since she's already tried to hook it up with some 24+ year old guys from the internet. I'm trying to set a GOOD example, and not let her think it's okay to meet random folk she doesn't know. The only reason I go to the meetups is because I know a couple people there, and it's not just total strangers.

Anyway, glad you guys had fun. Hopefully I'll be free for the next one! And maybe I'll finally have a car - if I can afford one. Sucks being broke.