OCR00767 - Bomberman II "Bomberfuzz"

orkybash

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

One of the few remixes that got the remixing part right. This isn't just a retelling, this is a REMIX. It faintly resembles the original, but the original elements override all to get the little bopping original into the rough, distorted, fast world that this song creates. This is one of the few songs that is not only a great remix, but actually a great remix.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Ahh, what an energetic remix. The voices freak out our cats. The "bombu"-section has them too loud perhaps, I can take it but I can definitely understand why many find them irating. Otherwise the voices are used excellently and provide plenty of motion into an already high-speeding piece. Great work (and props for Fast Tracking!), I too wish Fuzz had more tracks on this site.

--Eino

• 1 year later...

This has a very strong Viewtiful Joe sound to it, what with the catchy speed music and the anime voices screaming various phrases. Very reminiscent, even though the mix precedes the game.

I loved the mix, to tell the truth. The voices didn't grate on me at all, and they especially didn't do anything but enhance the melody for me. It's a great, fast moving piece that I always get a little surprised at when it appears on my playlist. It's also quite infectious, in the best way possible of course.

• 6 months later...

Bomberfuzz boasts a bright and hyper character thanks to the processing attributes of many of its synths. Just the first one slinks left and right while speaking many vowels through an echo-y hallway - really flexible-like. A second lead (0:43-1:11) adds a transporting touch by sounding like it's moving through a tunnel. Mini explosions every so often and a growling/rubbery bass synth or two really pack on the density. Even so, the electric spurts that go "WOW" (1:14 and elsewhere), as well as the Bomberman voice samples, poke through the busy soundscape to serve as comic relief. And speaking of relief, even the calm breakdown is windy, smoky, and modulated lightly to gracefully contrast with the rough-and-tumble bulk.

Fiery, forceful, and blows up in your face just like a bomb.

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00767 - Bomberman II "Bomberfuzz"
  • 7 years later...

"SPEED UPPU!"

You will either love or hate this one. There is no middle ground. I am unashamedly in the former camp. The aggressive tag is well earned: this one hits hard and takes no prisoners. Not only does it have this driving in-your-face bassline, riding over the top is one of the best uses of rhythmic vox ever (EVER!) that just drips with the kawaii in a wacky juxtaposition that shouldn't work but it just does. This ReMix is one of my favorites.

"Teketteke... Teketteke-WHOOW!"