OverClocked ReMix Joins Video Games Live in Washington, DC

djpretzel

OverClocked ReMix Joins Video Games Live in Washington, DC

For Immediate Release

June 28, 2007

FAIRFAX, Va.–-OverClocked ReMix (www.ocremix.org), a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the appreciation and preservation of video game music, will join Video Games Live (www.videogameslive.com) in Washington, DC this Friday and Saturday at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts for the concert series' first appearance in the nation's capitol. Video Games Live brings the music of video and computer games to cities around the world, combining live performances by a symphony orchestra with innovative and interactive multimedia presentations. Tommy Tallarico and Jack Wall, game composers themselves, organized the first concert event in 2005, and have since performed to sold out shows around the globe.

This weekend's performance marks OverClocked ReMix's first official participation in Video Games Live as a contributor of musical material for the concert's opening and closing events and sponsor of several prizes for audience members. OverClocked ReMix's primary focus is a Web site that hosts fan arrangements of game music from musicians around the world, available for download free of charge. David W. Lloyd, a local resident of Fairfax, Virginia, created the site in 1999 with the goal of promoting game music through arrangement and reinterpretation.

The partnership between OverClocked ReMix and Video Games Live comes naturally, as both organizations share a common interest in promoting game music as an art form. "It's really amazing to be working with ocremix.org because I've always been such a huge fan of the site and the idea behind it," says Tallarico. "As a video game composer, it's a real honor to know that so many people are so passionate about video game music."

Additional tour dates for Video Games Live can be found on the event's Web site at http://www.videogameslive.com/index.php?s=dates. Hundreds of free game music arrangements and a thriving community of game music fans can be found at OverClocked ReMix's Web site, www.ocremix.org.

-----

This weekend's performance marks OverClocked ReMix's first official participation in Video Games Live as a contributor of musical material for the concert's opening and closing events and sponsor of several prizes for audience members.

(emphasis added)

What exactly does this mean? Can anyone clarify this?

I am not sure whether to think that people will be hearing Triforce Majeure (or insert ambient/techno/trance song here) as they find their seats or some background Philharmonic Suite playing or live performances of Dragon Song and Basilisk Run (I wish :wink:).

In any case, this fills my OCR-loving heart with pride.

(emphasis added)

What exactly does this mean? Can anyone clarify this?

I am not sure whether to think that people will be hearing Triforce Majeure (or insert ambient/techno/trance song here) as they find their seats or some background Philharmonic Suite playing or live performances of Dragon Song and Basilisk Run (I wish :wink:).

In any case, this fills my OCR-loving heart with pride.

Seat-finding material, for now at least... maybe one day something OCR can be incorporated into the show proper, but a mix playlist works well for intro/outro as people funnel in or leave.