OverClocked ReMix Joins Video Games Live in Washington, DC

djpretzel

And thanks to Sammy winning the costume contest (judged by two of our own group), we have a new meme to spread around OCR. Groove bias is just so passé now that we have Tetris bias! ;)

713006990_c76e477e83_m.jpg

Hey now, Sammy got in the costume contest fair and square. Besides, it was the crowd who voted. We were extra loud, but it took the whole crowd to give him the win. q-pa and Kroze only filtered it down to the main contestants.

YOU MAKING US LOOK BAD!

Hey now, Sammy got in the costume contest fair and square.

Kekeke

Besides, it was the crowd who voted. We were extra loud, but it took the whole crowd to give him the win. q-pa and Kroze only filtered it down to the main contestants.

YOU MAKING US LOOK BAD!

As you should know from your membership in the judge panel, there is no possibility for rational defense against judge bias! It always wins in the end, like a mindless, all-consuming... Tetris block. o.o

Really, I don't care who won. Although, it is amusing that Sammy got one of the OCR sampler discs.

speaking of Martin Leung, I was backstage talking to him Saturday night trying to convince him to submit a dang remix or three :)

Not sure if he will, but it'd be pretty cool.

Does he even do arrangements?

Also, walking into the hall just prior to the show and realizing that hundreds of people are listening to Overclocked Remixes blaring over the loudspeakers!

Does anyone have a list of which ones were used? I'm curious. Also, a pic of the sampler CD would be cool. :)

Does anyone have a list of which ones were used? I'm curious. Also, a pic of the sampler CD would be cool. :)

DragonAvenger is right about the sampler discs.

djp knows the entire contents of the walk-in-music disc since he's the "author"; it was playing before we decided to come into the hall.

EDIT: See Larry's list below for the accurate playlist. ;P

DjSammyG managed to get his picture in a Washingtonian blog article on the event: http://www.washingtonian.com/blogarticles/artsfun/afterhours/4468.html

I finally had time tonight to write of my own experiences at Video Games Live, courtesy of the VG Frequency blog. You clearly want to read of the experience of someone who was on stage at one point!

Any comments on my time at VGL last weekend would be appreciated!

Very nice, very nice. Seems fair & balanced to me. It is a bit harder to appreciate tunes that are orchestral in nature... the distinct and definite themes we grew up with are now complex masterpieces with 4, 5, 6 part harmonies and so much going on at a given time. But that is true of orchestral in general and it means that we, as music appreciators, just need to work a bit harder to hear (and, consequently, remix) it all.

1. Can we get linkage to some of the articles and inteviews written up in these various media?

2. Rick Baretto spoke to me while I was in line to play the Space Invaders game, and I wrote him afterwards to tell him more about OCR. I think he'd be interested in a more formal affiliation... PM me for details.

3. Give me the GoW music & SFXs & MIDIs oh please.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...