Transformers

Maco70

Side note: What was that movie trailer about? Some people at a party, and then they hear some weird noise, something like a comets landing on earth. It's the most interesting movie trailer I have ever seen.

I want to know what the fuck that was about too. I went with a group of about 10 people to see Transformers, and interestingly enough, the first 20 minutes after watching Transformers was spent on talking about that "noname" movie trailer rather than Transformers.

Saw it yesterday. Megatron's jet form sucked, he's supposed to be a damned gun.

Yes, because a real leader shrinks down and has his troops wield him. The gun mode is really useless. Besides, there hasn't been a gun Megatron since G2(With the exception of Classics and Masterpiece)

http://www.shortpacked.com/d/20050207.html

And if it's the arm cannon you're after, he's got one of those in the movie.

Man the movie was amazing, just like everyone else has said. I honestly feel like it's the best movie I've ever seen, and I loved the LOTR movies, growing up with the books, whereas I never really did watch transformers.

I want to know what the fuck that was about too. I went with a group of about 10 people to see Transformers, and interestingly enough, the first 20 minutes after watching Transformers was spent on talking about that "noname" movie trailer rather than Transformers.

Hmm, I must've missed this trailer, getting to the theater a few minutes late and everything. I did some digging though, is this it?

We saw a screening of Transformers last night, but we weren’t lucky enough to see what people are now referring to as the trailer to JJ Abrams Top Secret Movie titled Cloverfield. Our friends at FirstShowing were lucky enough to be at a screening that showed the trailer. Everyone who has seen it so far are calling it one of the coolest trailers ever. And the best part, it’s for a movie no one really even knew existed. The trailer apparently ends without even a title, just “Produced by J.J. Abrams” and the release date “1.18.08?. You can read the trailer description over at FS, but everyone is saying not to. People are saying this is a trailer you really need to experience yourself.

So what is Cloverfield? It’s a giant monster movie (refferred internally as “The Parasite”) which is shot using home video cameras from the point of view of real people who are experiencing the attack on New York City.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/06/29/jj-abrams-top-secret-cloverfield-movie-trailer-attached-to-transformers/

Man the movie was amazing, just like everyone else has said. I honestly feel like it's the best movie I've ever seen,

That's a little much imo...

As for the sound wave design:

That artist has a lot of concept drawings. Soundwave being a vehicle makes a lot more sense. He'd be tiny if he was a boom box. And he likely wouldn't use cassette tapes. Kids these days don't even know what those are.

Also:

Closer of soundwave:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/50224674/

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/49844785/

Grimlock's Head:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/49996111/

I really hope they don't do the dinobots...

It's really fun reading up on speculation about the "Cloverfield" trailer.

Some people say it's Voltron, because the party is for someone going to Japan, someone says "I saw it! It's a lion!" (actually she says "It's alive" I think), the five explosions of smoke, etc.

Others say it's Godzilla because the song playing during the trailer that contains the lyric "dancing in a field of clover" (or sometthing like that) is from an album whose art features a giant lizard.

Others are saying Dragonball Z lulz.

Really though, whatever it turns out to be, I'm probably going to watch it. Looks really interesting. That trailer was really powerful in gaining such popularity through a low budget sort of clip. That robotic/thunder explosion sound was awesome.

lol fritz

you are a funny guy but how can such a funny guy like you be so unhappy and misanthropic??

Oh come on; you don't find disaster movies inherently comedic? Everyone running around like crazed ants until they get mashed/exploded/insert method of death here.

It's funny.

My thoughts:

*Better than I expected, though obviously, being a movie about high-school kids, it's a movie made for high-school kids. 2 mandatory girls (can't make a movie without at least one), at least one of which is completely unnecessary to the story. What did the NSA code crackers do? Really? We would have been better off without them.

*The movie was a little too short for me to get to learn the characters. Assuming a sequel?

*The token African American sounding autobot is the only one of them that dies. Original!

*The girl is hot.

My thoughts:

*Better than I expected, though obviously, being a movie about high-school kids, it's a movie made for high-school kids. 2 mandatory girls (can't make a movie without at least one), at least one of which is completely unnecessary to the story. What did the NSA code crackers do? Really? We would have been better off without them.

*The movie was a little too short for me to get to learn the characters. Assuming a sequel?

*The token African American sounding autobot is the only one of them that dies. Original!

*The girl is hot.

1. Agree'd

2. How can a movie about 2 1/2 hrs. be considered Short? I went to A 1:30 showing and it ended @ 4 pm. 144 min...I don't think thats short really. Characters. You should obviously know Sam. The others..maybe not so much, but, were they really THAT important to know about to begin with?

3. And..all the decepticons apparently died too. yeah..Original! btw, the Autobot was named Jazz.

4. Agree'd

The movie rocked, I'd pay to see it again. I am also very glad that they left Optimus as a Semi-Truck and Starscream as the Jet fighter. ( I'm not sure on starscream, but I remember hearing they were gonna do Optimus as a Firetruck, Wtf..)

~kaden

Would like to note that Megatron has also been a giant tank in the past, not just a gun, and I vaguely recall him having a different form in the past too.

Here's all of his forms, as shown in fiction and toys:

G1: Pistol/cannon(Galvatron)

G2: Tank/Car(Gobot form)

Machine Wars: Jet

Beast Wars: T-Rex/Dragon

Beast Machines: Dragon/Noble/Savage/drone/floating giant head/Optimal Optimus's old body

RiD: Dragon/hand/bat/jet/griffin/two-headed dragon/boat/mammoth/hydroplane transport(Yeah, he's got 10 modes in a single toy)

Armada: Tank

Energon: Jet(With his old tank form as extra weapon)

Cybertron: Jet/Racecar/T-Rex

Classics: NERF-style gun, tank(Deluxe 2-pack with Optimus Prime)

Masterpiece: Gun

Movie: Cybertronian jet

And for some stupid trivia: His Action Master form came with a tank.

Unlike Prime, who's pretty much always some kind of truck, Megatron has no definitive mode. He's just remembered more as a gun than anything else, while he's been a jet more often, with tank coming after that.

And..all the decepticons apparently died too.

Well obviously there's still Starscream, crippled Scorponok, and bitch ass Barricade that disappeared on the freeway. Just like the damn Ford he is.

There is another thing I'd like to discuss about Starscream.

My friends were talking about when Megatron was getting fired at by the Raptors, that he noticed one of them was Starscream. That's something I got to look at when I see the movie a third time. It makes sense for Starscream to do that. So what do you all think about that?

Well obviously there's still Starscream, crippled Scorponok, and bitch ass Barricade that disappeared on the freeway. Just like the damn Ford he is.

There is another thing I'd like to discuss about Starscream.

My friends were talking about when Megatron was getting fired at by the Raptors, that he noticed one of them was Starscream. That's something I got to look at when I see the movie a third time. It makes sense for Starscream to do that. So what do you all think about that?

Sounds like it might be a stretch, but there's room for a sequel. But then again, if Megatron is truly dead and some fanatic doesn't revive him, sequel will be watered down heavily!

Galvatron? Unicron?

Anyways, the movie leaves plenty of room for a sequal. The robots have hardly gotten any development at all, only some of the humans involved. Therefore, a sequal will have plenty of room if it spent time developing the robots. Though that might diminish the mainstream appeal--but most sequals go in that direction.

Well obviously there's still Starscream, crippled Scorponok, and bitch ass Barricade that disappeared on the freeway.

Barricade's dead. While it's not shown in the movie, it's mentioned in the novelization and comic that he's killed by Prime shortly after Bonecrusher. Might be an extra scene for the DVD release.

As for Scorponok, I doubt he survived considering Blackout's dead and they have quite a symbiotic relationship.

Barricade's dead. While it's not shown in the movie, it's mentioned in the novelization and comic that he's killed by Prime shortly after Bonecrusher. Might be an extra scene for the DVD release.

As for Scorponok, I doubt he survived considering Blackout's dead and they have quite a symbiotic relationship.

Hrmmm they should have showed it then.

And Scorponok's situations makes sense.

So Starscream brings forth the Constructicons.

Rise Dinobots! Rise!