OCR00658 - *YES* EarthBound 'Rings of Saturn Valley'

djpretzel

Post this?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Post this?

This is over the 6mb limit eh?. Of course it's also 320kbps. If the bitrate is lowered I'd say that it could be posted.. only problem is that I don't really like it myself. I'm gonna have to choose a No on this one, it just didn't grab me the way some of the other stuff here has...

(Edit) Wait, I've changed my mind. I didn't vote right away, and I left this song on loop. It kinda grew on me after the 3rd time through. I like the beat that hits at :22, there's something about it that's just making me happy now. I don't know why.

So anyways, ignore the comment above about "No" cus it's now a Yes. (Although we have to do something about the bitrate.)

well it IS pretty minimalistic, but not really in the Philip Glass sense, but anyway, strange is not a reason to NOT have a song up here. I personally find great joy and satisfaction in Daknit's "Little Kids Can't Fly" despite its dissonant pangs. Anyway, yeah, this guy holds the attention with varied percussion where the melody would normally be the only thing of interest. Enough changes to keep it interesting the whole way through.

DC