Diddy Kong Racing: Haunted Woods Remix Concept!

Nanaki

I've always imagined the Haunted Woods theme done in a more electronic/Industrial style, so this is a quick idea I came up with for a remix of it.

So here's a 40 second clip that I wrote just to get the basic idea down. This is just a concept piece, if someone listens to this and actually thinks it's a good concept, I'll sit down and really flesh it out into a real song. None of these instruments are finalized, there's a ton of reverb on the drums, haven't really done any eq or mastering yet... It's just a quick concept I came up with.

So let me know what you think of this idea!

http://home.mchsi.com/~truman_groves/HauntedWoodsVERYroughWiP.mp3

Whoa, I totally forgot about this song.. It's a great idea. Unfortunately, I really hate all the obvious synth sounds. I want to hear some POWER, and be AMAZED..!

Also, think about transitions, and having parts bleed into each other.. This is awfully straightforward. The drum's kinda annoying. I like when it finally picks up at 0.24, but I'm sure you could figure out more of a chord progression that would be more exciting.

Whoa, I totally forgot about this song.. It's a great idea. Unfortunately, I really hate all the obvious synth sounds. I want to hear some POWER, and be AMAZED..!

Also, think about transitions, and having parts bleed into each other.. This is awfully straightforward. The drum's kinda annoying. I like when it finally picks up at 0.24, but I'm sure you could figure out more of a chord progression that would be more exciting.

Yeah, the synths I used are just random ones I picked out of the reason soundbank, and the drums are...well, almost non-existant at this point.

I'm definitely working on some more powerful sounding instruments, and the drum track will be really fleshed out. Like I said, this is just a quick concept I thew together because I only had about 30 minutes before I had to go to work, but I didn't want to forget the idea I had. So I decided I'd post it up and see if anyone had any feedback just on this simple little clip.

Got my new Sennheiser Studio Headphones and gonna work on this for a few hours and post up something a little bit more polished.