OCR01592 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Malicious Fingers"

Yuck, what happened to the encoding? As soon as everything kicks in at 0:22, the quality loss due to the sloppy encoding is evident, even on my crappy laptop speakers. The higher bitrate version hosted on the project's site sounds much better.

This track was definitely one of, if not the best on the project. The synth work is frickin' amazing.

If they ever make a Guitar Hero game filled with nothing but OC ReMixes, players will be cursing the name of Snappleman as their blistered fingers attempt to recreate his wholesome goodness.

Thankfully, you can already create one yourself. Doom "Purgatory" and Zelda OoT "SoS" have already been done.

As for this mix, I enjoyed it in PC, and I enjoy it now.

Y'know, the opening bit of the song made me think it was an April Fools-type thing, only in July.

Then, the actual song started.

It was epic.

So I'm not sure how I feel about the opening, but once the REAL music starts, this song's awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

This has always been one of my all time favorites from Project Chaos. I agree with one of the other reviewers that this does sound slightly lossier than the version on the project's site, but I could hardly notice it over the sound of Snappleman's guitar playing kicking my ass all over the place. There's not only a great performance here, but also very solid production.

Also, I might be wrong (and probably am), but to the people addressing the sound in the beginning, I'm pretty sure that's what you hear on the last stage of the game, right before fighting Robotnik (Eggman?). Anyway, it's a very awesome and creative touch in my opinion, and only adds to the already high level of kickassery in the mix.

Dudes. This mix is F'IN GOLD. On my trip to Hawai'i I played this song the most, turning it up on my iPod to the max and just bobbing my head as we drove around the island. It took me back and was just so damn awesome.

If you're a Sonic fan, DEFINITE download, like, as in now. Go, click it. You won't stop listening to it: I've played it like 10 times in a row every other day for awhile and haven't gotten sick of it. The song just rocks THAT much.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

[Also, I might be wrong (and probably am), but to the people addressing the sound in the beginning, I'm pretty sure that's what you hear on the last stage of the game, right before fighting Robotnik (Eggman?). ]

If that's Eggman, then the other laugh is Sonic mocking him.

Damn good ReMix, One of my favorites ever!

:sleepdepriv::arrow:8-O Impresses me everytime.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01592 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Malicious Fingers"