OCR01592 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Malicious Fingers"

• 7 months later...

Project Chaos is for me one of the best albums to come from this site, and the one I can identify most with, and i'd say this track for me is my fav of the bunch.

The intro is a great idea as you can picture sonic running through the death egg zone just before the final battle commences... then the guitars hit at about double the volume and they really hit hard.

Things hit full force pretty quick and you're treated to some heavy guitar work, shredding guitar leads, and blistering synth solos that really make this one essential.

Production is about as good as it can get, and the performances are spot on, but the synth solos really take the spotlight, which are just allover the place, and excessive without becoming boring.

My only slight problem with this mix is the lead guitar work as it sounds rather emotionless when there is no shredding going on... you need more expression in your playing :P

However, this mix as I said is essential. Your OC Remix playlist simply isn't complete without it. Download it now :D

• 1 month later...

Ah, the remix that started it all for me. A friend linked me to this track on AIM and it immediately took me back to hours spent trying to beat Robotnik at the end of Sonic and Knuckles.

Being a guitarist myself I was sucked in as soon as the guitars started. I love the arrangement as it keeps the 'Sonic vs Huge Overpowered Badguy' theme and the excellent guitar work along with the synth is right up my alley. There seems to be a lack of bass after the intro but everything else is solid and very enjoyable. I like the mix title too, nice pun!

Awesome stuff and a great intro for me to the world of vgm remixing!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

One of the many reasons why I love Project Chaos. Pretty cool how it starts off with the game SFX before ripping right into the heavy-guitars and drums. The soloing and the fast paced shredding brings back memories of facing this guy at the end of S&K. The production and arrangement are top-notch and this ReMix has "epic" written all over it. Very tasty final boss ReMix.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This remix rips from Electric Eye. Go and listen.

I will reiterate what others have already told you.

ok the part you mention 2.05 in your link correct?

Ok now go to here

here http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=S0Qu2eSjepw#t=200s

Perhaps you'l realize once again that you are wrong in this aspect.

Beside this i love this remix, pretty much the entire reason i started checking out other remixes beside sonic games.

• 1 month later...

This mix. Oh man. This is the mix that unarguably is the most inspiring to me. This mix is the one that made me decide beyond a shadow of a doubt that I wanted to plunge head-first into VGM remixing. To this day, it remains my favorite remix.

Nice, crisp guitars, a clear, complex synth, AMAZING lead work, everything about this track is just too awesome for words.

• 4 months later...

I've been listening to Project Chaos again this last week and damn, I just love this track. Have to say, though, that I really enjoy all of Snappleman's mixes on on the album. The arrangements perfectly balance between keeping the original and embellishing to heighten the original's awesomeness. When I can one day rock as good as this, I'll die happy!

- Also, +1 to everything DusK said

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01592 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Malicious Fingers"
  • 1 year later...