OCR00764 - U.N. Squadron "Forest Fire"

orkybash

U.N. Squadron 'Forest Fire'

Well, I thought this could have been better, though synthpop like this really isn't my thing (hey! I wasn't even in school when the 80's ended! :)) Like djpretzel said, it could have used a little EQ work to bring out the mid range. Other than that, it's a nice, though straightforward, arrangement.

Hello,

I am the arranger of this piece. I appreciate the reviews so far. Criticism is the only way I can grow. However, I wish you could all listen to the original WAV of this. It's so much warmer and full sounding. The hi-hat doesn't sound so harsh, the bass is more defined, etc. I encoded this into MP3 with various programs. MusicMatch, Cakewalk 9.0, SoundForge, Audiocatalyst...all of them gave me the same file that's on Remix OC.

I used OGG and it sounded much more like my original WAV. WMA had mixed results too, but still sounded better than the MP3. Even encoding in a High VBR bitrate in MP3 didn't solve the problem.

Anyway, thanks for the reviews. I will eventually make more and hopefully better arrangements.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

The is definitely a gem that I missed during my initial torrent downloading of the entire site.

While the track starts out normally enough, it evolves into a great catchy melody, and about halfway through an uber sick breakdown hits, filled with delicious and nutritious funky bass and what sounds like a synthy steel drum counterpoint. A synth solo is the dessert of the mix, before going back to the main melody.

Num num; this is tasty!

• 11 months later...

This song is really catchy. It's probably one of my favorites from a game I never even heard of.

I normally don't care for percussion that much, but it's done noticeably well here. I think my main complaint is really with clarity, not quality--the bass line for instance could be clearer. Like was mentioned before, though, that appears to be really encoding or EQ issues, so no faults there.

Overall, a great mix and a very catchy song. I hope folks don't overlook it on account of unfamiliarity with the original game. KF

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

The main theme is really catchy. I'd keep the remix just for that, but the fact that it's pretty good is a really nice bonus. I could really imagine some cheesey 80's vocals to this (must resist urge).

The synth solo really works well, I found that to be another highlight.

Not crazy about the fade-out. It fits the style, but it comes to early, I think.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00764 - U.N. Squadron "Forest Fire"